Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Transparent Discussion on Dappered Threads' Moderation

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)
    I've heard of over zealous moderation here in the past however Bruschetta has never been part of it. In fact he's one of the more chill mods. He's probably the only mod I couldn't get mad at if he sent me a warning or whatever.

Honestly, I was expecting worse when I read LCDRs initial post here. He wasn't reprimanded as much as Bruschetta defending Joes honor. I don't see much fault from either side. It's like 2 guys discussing politics. Things get heated and then you get over it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Things get heated and then you get over it.
    Exactly.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    Hey guys, I feel the need to publicly whine about a really minor reprimand. Now I'm taking my ball and going home
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    I want to give that a thumbs up ^^

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    LCDR said the buyer of the site gets a list of email addresses not advertisers. Reread his comment again...."Buyer gets an instant ready-made base of readers and a list of email addresses." He didn't say advertisers. Kind of ridiculous to lose a good contributor over comprehension skills.
    Dappered will not sell readers' private information to anyone, whether it be a buyer or advertiser. Dappered will not sell readers' private information to a passing troubadour, an intergalactic space slug hegemony, a ballet company comprised entirely of exceptionally well-trained miniature ponies, the reincarnation of Christopher Columbus, a hyper-intelligent worm living inside of a starlet's rectum, an artificial intelligence that desperately yearns to discover the meaning of love but never can, or a gentleman scholar who can only communicate through whiskey-fueled belches. Dappered will not sell readers' private information to anyone. I apologize for not making that clear in my initial statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by schigleymischke View Post
    You shouldn't have threatened to delete his post or "warn" him. Too much, too severe, and unnecessary. It sets a bad tone.
    I'm not sure how I could have further softened my language, but I will keep this feedback in mind for the future.
    I've heard of over zealous moderation here in the past however Bruschetta has never been part of it. In fact he's one of the more chill mods. He's probably the only mod I couldn't get mad at if he sent me a warning or whatever.

Honestly, I was expecting worse when I read LCDRs initial post here. He wasn't reprimanded as much as Bruschetta defending Joes honor. I don't see much fault from either side. It's like 2 guys discussing politics. Things get heated and then you get over it.
    Thanks V.

It annoys me when people take cheap shots at Joe when he has maintained a flawless ethical track record for more than half a decade. He regularly shows appreciation to readers, gives away products rather than keeping them himself, publicly shares the names of advertisers each month, and etc. He's a good guy. In fact, all of the Dappered staff are.

That being said, my intention wasn't to severely chastise LCDR, it was to point out that his comment was impolite.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

Captures my thoughts exactly.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschetta View Post
    an intergalactic space slug hegemony
    I sincerely hope this is an Animorphs reference.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCDR View Post
    All, I have decided to leave the forum, for reasons that might be pertinent to this thread. I recently was given a warning over a single post, which I did not particularly appreciate, and did not think deserved it. Although I think the post was benign and was improperly interpreted, I don't want to get into defending myself. The scolding kinda leaves a bad taste for me. Suffice it to say, I think some over-zealous moderation has lead/ is leading to the curtailing of participation from members who have contributed quite significantly to this forum in the past.

I have not been banned, or asked to leave, but I am voluntarily saying good-bye for now. Perhaps I might check back in later, but I don't know. Thanks to all for your give-and-take in these threads. I have learned a lot from you about clothing fit, construction, style, and quality over these past few years. I hope there will continue to be a wide variety of people contributing here.
    I agree with everything in this post. I rarely visit or post any more. In my opinion, there is a lack of openness that is disconcerting. I truly appreciate the time and intentions of the mods. But even the best intentions don't always lead to a good result. Anyway, I wish everyone a happy holidays.
    "Tempus Fugit"

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    what did I miss?