Thread: Bonobos blazer fit (yesterday's Quick Picks)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Bonobos blazer fit (yesterday's Quick Picks)

Sorry if I missed the thread about yesterday's quick picks:

http://dappered.com/2014/11/quick-pi...urducken-hunt/

Anybody with experience with Bonobos' blazers able to comment on fit, especially regarding the overall jacket length? The product pictures seem to indicate they are on the short side (at least those that are on the "turducken" sale).

Also, anybody with a slim fit Bonobos blazer able to comment on the real-life snugness? I'm 5'8 135 and usually wear a 36R in slim jackets, but I've never bought Bonobos before and Joe seems to indicate the slim fit is especially slim.

Thanks for any help!

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d10tx View Post
    Sorry if I missed the thread about yesterday's quick picks:

http://dappered.com/2014/11/quick-pi...urducken-hunt/

Anybody with experience with Bonobos' blazers able to comment on fit, especially regarding the overall jacket length? The product pictures seem to indicate they are on the short side (at least those that are on the "turducken" sale).

Also, anybody with a slim fit Bonobos blazer able to comment on the real-life snugness? I'm 5'8 135 and usually wear a 36R in slim jackets, but I've never bought Bonobos before and Joe seems to indicate the slim fit is especially slim.

Thanks for any help!

They do tend to be a little on the short side. I have the khaki version of the chino blazer on the list and it's definitely among my shorter jackets. That makes it more casual, but still definitely wearable, imo. Obviously your take on that is going to depend on your own subjective take on jackets that don't entirely cover your butt. Mine works for me. The other jackets, I can't comment on, but they also look a bit short. The slim fits on Bonobos jackets is indeed quite slim. If you're on the fence, calling one of their customer service Ninjas can be really useful. They are pretty helpful, I've found.

The only other thing on the list that I can comment on is the Milanese cords. I got a couple of pairs from a Nordstrom sale a couple of months ago and they have quickly become my favorite weekday pants. The fit, the color, the style, the wale on the cord...all perfect. My wife did a double take the first time I wore my navy pair and said "hmm, those pants look...really good." I picked up the "burnt khaki" pair. I'm not a big fan of that blue spruce color, but if I liked it even just a little better, I'd be all over them.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    If you're talking about the Chino blazer, then they are definitely short in length with long arms. It's also pretty darn slim (bought an XS). We're likely pretty close to the same size (based on your height/weight/jacket) and I never button it, as it's just too slim in the body. I got mine final sale, so I'd suggest grabbing 2-3 sizes and returning what doesn't fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks, all. I pulled the trigger on the navy chino blazer, small slim fit. We'll see how it goes. I do sorta have long gorilla arms, but hopefully the arms won't be too short. Anyways, I discovered there is a bonobos guide shop near me (Knox-Henderson) so they'll be able to help if needed.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    I ended up ordering this blazer as well (but in standard fit, and large)...I just checked the listing again, and the picture looks like it doesn't match the description. This looks ventless, and also no lapel button hole contrast stitching...but the description says it has both a single vent and contrast stitching. Googled it, and it looks like some versions have this horrible looking (in my opinion) orange contrast stitching. Can anybody speak to this? Also, how hard/expensive would it be for a tailor to replace the contrast stitching with a matching navy.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Just received mine today. I ordered 3 different sizes and none of them came with contrast stitching. They all had a single vent and on two of them it was sewn shut but just enough to keep it together (the threads are meant to be cut). I'm assuming the 3rd one was tried on/returned and they forgot to sew it shut. So you should be safe.