Thread: J Crew Wool Herringbone Topcoat - 40R - Moon Wool

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

J Crew Wool Herringbone Topcoat - 40R - Moon Wool

This is a thrift store find - J Crew Moon Wool Herringbone Topcoat in size 40R. It still has the original tags ($475), although I cannot say it is "new" since I found this at the thrift store. I figured I would see if anyone on here is interested before I put it up on ebay. Asking $200 and I will ship USPS flat rate box anywhere in CONUS. I have not sold on here before, but I have sold a lot on ebay as user: player_haterberg with 100% feedback.
    See below pictures.
    http://imgur.com/a/06IQU#qjXmosf

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    does anyone know how jcrew topcoats fit? I.e., if I normally wear a 38R in Jcrew suits, would I have to go up to a 40R for a topcoat or stay at my regular size if I want to wear it over a suit jacket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jayashae View Post
    does anyone know how jcrew topcoats fit? I.e., if I normally wear a 38R in Jcrew suits, would I have to go up to a 40R for a topcoat or stay at my regular size if I want to wear it over a suit jacket
    I also normally wear a 38R suit, and I own this same J Crew topcoat. I can tell you that I originally ordered a 38R topcoat, and it was too snug. The shoulders were an OK fit over my suit, but when I went to button the coat, it was too tight and it showed quite a bit of "pull" on the buttons. I then sized up to a 39R, and it was still a bit too tight. So, I returned the two coats and ordered the 40R, even though J Crew says to order the same topcoat size as your suit size. The 40R fit much better, and that's what I kept. I will say that this topcoat is meant for a slimmer body style, so when I button all 3 buttons on the coat, it fits perfectly but doesn't leave much extra room for movement. I hope that helps!