Thread: Ask for advice Kickstarter & White & Lobster Watches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Ask for advice Kickstarter & White & Lobster Watches

Hi Everyone,

I am sorry if this was the wrong thread (I did read the rules but I guess the only one was to be a man). I do acknowledge that I am a "newbie" in this Forum and I do not mean to interrupt your discussions or spam. However, I am a excited and bit nervous to share my Kickstarter Campaign for White & Lobster luxury watches I have been working on for the last year and officially launched today.

I am following dappered.com and thought this would fit in perfectly as it is affordable and stylish. Besides simply presenting you my hard word I would like to get you opinion on whether or not I could market this product as "redefined dress watch" or am I taking it a bit too far her?

Our watches all have Swiss Ronda Movement, Crystal Sapphire Glass, water resistant 50m, 316L Stainless Steel, 18 carat Gold Plated, unique interchangeable Portuguese cork strap, genuine leather straps, nylon straps - all at a cost of 100 US$ (119 AUD) and you receive 1 watch and 3x straps (cork, nylon, leather).

Please see the video and link below to see our great range of Swiss movement watches with interchangeable bands at promotional rates for the next 30 days.

Thank you & I hope you enjoy it - and sorry for anyone I offended

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...tch-and-unique

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...tch-and-unique

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    I'm a big fan of the cork strap and quick release spring bars... I've never backed on kickstarter, but you guys may have to be my first.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    What draws me to this concept is the versatility. I am not a huge "watch buff" kind of guy- I just see it as an accessory like a tie or hat. Unlike most accessories, however, watches can be very costly. This complicates things because I like variety, so I usually buy "cheap" watches just to be able to change them with different outfits.

The easy change strap and the affordability to get two cases(say, a silver white face and a gunmetal black face) and four different (attractive) straps is very promising. I could see myself jumping on a product like this.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Congratulations on your first KS projects. I have some comments if you're interested.

The good: nice case options that will appeal to many people, thin and great size. You give a lot for the money, as Sapphire and the strap options are great. Swiss movement will appeal to the masses, however most quartz movements are good these days. Lastly, the price is very good.

The bad: the name is weird, and it don't see an explanation on why it was selected. I'd be hesitant to put a watch with the word Lobster on my wrist......a bit snobbish - maybe, but I'm being honest here. Also if you look at other recent KS projects, the case and dial style is not unique. This will probably be a good thing for you, as they generally do well. However, this goes against your story, where you wanted to build something unique. Speaking of your story, it appears just like many other KS projects. Quite honestly there's nothing in there that tells me you're here for the long haul, and that the 2 year warranty will be honored next year if/when your friends go to their careers that are on hold. There's not even information (unless I didn't see it somewhere) about who you are, your name, a link to a Facebook page or anything. Look at the Lew and Huey or the Melbourne Watch KS pages. We know Chris and Suj, where to find them, and therefore they get a little more trust that they are serious watchmakers, and will stand by their products. No offense to you, but I don't get any idea who you are, or what your credentials are......you need your real story (not just that you had a great idea one day, and got your pals to drop their careers and move to Australia.......that story sounds a bit BS). Lastly, I think your pledge categories can use some fine tuning. Some are inconsistent, receiving fewer straps for the same price as other categories....example the second $240 category only gets one cork strap, one nylon and two leather straps, while the category above it gets 2 of each for the same $240. It's very inconsistent.

Sorry some of these comments may appear harsh. They are not meant to hurt or put you down, but rather I hope they are comments that will make your campaign better and more successful. Others may disagree with me.....I would suggest going to watchuseek.com, specifically the affordables forum, and solicit advice from there too.

I wish you good luck, and I hope you stick around the watchmaking scene. There's always room for more watches.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)
    @gazza74 Great comments and questions. Those would be a real asset to any Kickstarter, and best of luck to you all at White & Lobster.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    A nice looking watch face. But I would really hesitate to call it a "redefined dress watch". Really I see nothing about it that would redefine a dress watch. The quick release spring is a nice feature. But the nylon strap, in my opinion, looks out of place and not a dress watch feature. Though I'd like to see a picture of the "timeless collection" watch with a nylon strap, that could pull it off. Also, I realize quartz movement is cheap, but I just really like automatic watches more, many watch fans are in that boat as well. Also, gaza really nailed a lot of it.

I don't back kickstarter projects, because I don't want to take on the risk of losing my money. But would be nice to see how this turns out. Since you follow this site, stick around and give us updates, I'm sure many would like to be kept in the loop how you are doing.