Thread: Went to tailor to get coat sleeves let out, no more material! Fixes?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Unhappy Went to tailor to get coat sleeves let out, no more material! Fixes?

Bought an awesome looking lighter grey top coat from a fellow Dappered threadhead, coat is awesome but sleeves are about an inch - inch and a half too short. Went to the tailor and I guess whoever tailored the coat previous to my ownership didn't leave the sleeves with any extra material.

I really love the coat, and want to think of some creative fixes to help with extending the sleeve length. Any body ever deal with a situation like this? The only idea that immediately popped into my head was maybe sew ribbed cuffs on the inside of the sleeve, having them show by the amount that the coat is short?

Help! :/
    Last edited by wheresbrando; November 14th, 2014 at 01:06 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    Ehhhh I dunno. Would ribbed cuffs look right on the top coat?

Sometimes some clothes just don't fit, and you just gotta move on. Tailors can make them fit better, but if there isn't extra material on the sleeve that is something I doubt there will be a fix for.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    If you can find a matching material, or at least a complimentary one, she could sew some sort of decorative cuff onto it? I'm not sure it would look quite right though.