Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question: Allen Edmonds Dalton Cordovan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Question: Allen Edmonds Dalton Cordovan

Hi, I really like the AE Dalton boots in cordovan. I see they currently have a 20% off all boots at the shoe bank. I was wondering if that's the lowest these boots will go? $439.20

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    They a) don't really go lower, b) don't come around often in the Shoe Bank, and c) move quickly. I'd jump on them if you want em.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsasso View Post
    They a) don't really go lower, b) don't come around often in the Shoe Bank, and c) move quickly. I'd jump on them if you want em.
    yes! thank you for the quick reply. Also, any advice on sizing for these boots?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Unlike most boots, allen edmonds are generally true to size. I haven't tried Daltons, but Long Branch (same last) fit me in the same size as my park aves. Go with your normal dress shoe size.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    Agreed. I have a pair if Daltons in my dress shoe size and they fit great. Go true to size.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    I believe they had a sale on all Cordovan for $325 recently, but I think that's pretty rare. Also, be SURE to get pictures or have the rep describe the flaw to you if you're not near a shoe bank. I almost bought two pair (on separate occasions) and fortunately I got pics and refrained because they each had a pretty unacceptable flaw on the toe cap. If it's just stitching or something on the heel or something, I would have purchased either, but a defect on the toe is pretty much the only thing I can't deal with.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    I believe they had a sale on all Cordovan for $325 recently, but I think that's pretty rare. Also, be SURE to get pictures or have the rep describe the flaw to you if you're not near a shoe bank. I almost bought two pair (on separate occasions) and fortunately I got pics and refrained because they each had a pretty unacceptable flaw on the toe cap. If it's just stitching or something on the heel or something, I would have purchased either, but a defect on the toe is pretty much the only thing I can't deal with.
    Thanks for the heads up! I was actually calling to see if they could do that for me, but caught them at closing time so no answer. But now I know that they can send me pictures, so I will try back tomorrow.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idevarona View Post
    I see they currently have a 20% off all boots at the shoe bank.
    Where did you see this? I don't see it on their site. Was it in an email blast?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    No, sneaky AE. Its not on the main page of the shoebank, but when you go into the shoe listing, it says so at the top. "20% off boots. Prices reflected in listing"

Until tomorrow so get 'em while their hot. Im hoping someone cancels on their cordovans. I want them!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Needless to say, they are obviously seconds, just in case.