http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Rancou...s=35&cgid=0494
    Why must you do this to meeeee.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)
    What sizes were available on the Chelsea boots? Did anyone grab a 7.5 of it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I saw the email early in the morning and saw a bunch of shoes in my size. It was really hard but I practiced self restraint and did not purchase any. Got 2 unworn pairs of shoes and 2 that have only 2-3 wears each so it didn't make sense to buy more. I must say it was hard to pass up the aldens and the chelseas.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Very hard to pass on the chelseas, they were available in pretty much every size at one point... but I just didn't think I'd wear them enough.

These were apparently one of the best items in the sale according to many on SF: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Vintag...s=14&cgid=0494 and based on the construction I believe it. Like a pair of Indys that grew up hard and don't give an F about anything anymore.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    I went a little crazy and bought a couple of shoes.. got the alden brown cap toe 149, alden black plain toe blucher 149 and peal&co chukka boot 149.. really loved the chelseas but didn't think i'd wear it much either.. obviously the alden is a guess based on sole construction.. i had just bought the Allen Edmonds Kenilworths(black and brown) off the 6pm sale.. now need to return those.. i'm assuming these brooks brothers shoes are better than the kenilworths? anybody got an opinion about this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosRockets View Post
    Very hard to pass on the chelseas, they were available in pretty much every size at one point... but I just didn't think I'd wear them enough.

These were apparently one of the best items in the sale according to many on SF: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Vintag...s=14&cgid=0494 and based on the construction I believe it. Like a pair of Indys that grew up hard and don't give an F about anything anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigq View Post
    I went a little crazy and bought a couple of shoes.. got the alden brown cap toe 149, alden black plain toe blucher 149 and peal&co chukka boot 149.. really loved the chelseas but didn't think i'd wear it much either.. obviously the alden is a guess based on sole construction.. i had just bought the Allen Edmonds Kenilworths(black and brown) off the 6pm sale.. now need to return those.. i'm assuming these brooks brothers shoes are better than the kenilworths? anybody got an opinion about this?
    Surprised you guys think a chelsea wouldn't get worn often. This will be my first pair, but I always thought a chelsea boot in black or brown was pretty easy to pair with everything. I get too lazy to lace up some of my boots and I figure I'll turn to the chelsea often through the spring. I guess we will see.

Also, regarding the quality of Alden over AE, most will say Alden has superior construction. These will be my first Aldens (I have many AEs) but I've tried on and handled many. I'd say Alden feels more solid (heavier due to the steel shank) and then stitching is typically tighter and cleaner. The raw materials used are probably pretty similar. At this price however, go with what fits better.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    I've always thought of slip on boots in about the same light as velcro shoes... Does it really take that long to tie your boots? I don't even mind wearing them through airports, it just takes a few moments.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    I just ordered these today. I've been eyeballing them for a while, but they were hovering at $280, and then finally dropped to like $199. Got them for sub-$100. Went to the brick and mortar in Century City. They were kind enough to apply the 25% in-store discount for vets as well, so it ended up bringing them down to something like $97 after tax with free shipping to my door. Surprised no one else has picked these up or any of the other heavily discounted versions? Can't be the only brogue fan here. Haha.

Still debating if I should pick up any of their briefcases...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redranger View Post
    Surprised you guys think a chelsea wouldn't get worn often. This will be my first pair, but I always thought a chelsea boot in black or brown was pretty easy to pair with everything. I get too lazy to lace up some of my boots and I figure I'll turn to the chelsea often through the spring. I guess we will see.

Also, regarding the quality of Alden over AE, most will say Alden has superior construction. These will be my first Aldens (I have many AEs) but I've tried on and handled many. I'd say Alden feels more solid (heavier due to the steel shank) and then stitching is typically tighter and cleaner. The raw materials used are probably pretty similar. At this price however, go with what fits better.
    Chelseas were always a style that piqued my curiosity, but every time a deal presented itself, I could never pull the trigger. They just look like a style that a mature European gentleman would wear. When I see people posting pics of themselves with chelseas with baggy jeans(especially if they look like lighter color "mom" jeans) it just makes me cringe a little. I don't think I've ever seen any "real" person being able to pull them off. In fact, I think the only way to sport them properly is by looking like you just came back from a photoshoot (i.e. tight chinos that are 4 inches too short, navy sportcoat, fitted white collar shirt,etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by TravelingJ View Post
    I've always thought of slip on boots in about the same light as velcro shoes... Does it really take that long to tie your boots? I don't even mind wearing them through airports, it just takes a few moments.
    While I do find boots to be a little troublesome to take on/off, I find that it is the laces that make boots look so bada**. That minute it takes to tie/untie your boots is totally worth it IMO.