Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Peal and Co and Alden at Brooks Brothers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCDR View Post
    @redranger, are you sure the brown captoe is made by Alden, or Allen Edmonds? If so, do you know which last it is on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shomas View Post
    Pretty sure those captoes are Alden based on the heel.

Re. the leather sole on the boots, I'd definitely have a Topy put on, but I almost always do that anyway. And at that price, you're still ahead of the game after paying for the Topy.

Yes, I am sure they are Alden. It was confirmed on the Alden thread at SF as well.

I agree in that for $180 for a Alfred Sargent chelsea boot, $40 for a topy is not a big deal. Also, chelseas are supposed to be more dressy anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresbrando View Post
    Is one able to return an item purchased online to their store? The FAQ for the return policy is a bit unclear...

"You may also return items to any U.S. Brooks Brothers retail store.

Return your PayPal purchase by mail to receive a full refund. Returns made at any Brooks Brothers store location will only be eligible for store credit."
    I've returned items I charged to my credit card to a retail location. I know Ralph Lauren allows paypal purchases to be only returned via mail due to processing issues. Might be the case with BB.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redranger View Post
    I've returned items I charged to my credit card to a retail location. I know Ralph Lauren allows paypal purchases to be only returned via mail due to processing issues. Might be the case with BB.
    Sounds good.

Just grabbed a pair of 10s and 11s (unfortunately no 10.5s... crossing my fingers one of them fits). Not bad for an originally $500 shoe. Free shop runner membership with my AMEX as well.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Calfsk...s=14&cgid=0494

Just picked up a pair of these. Alden calf PTBs for $150...I couldn't resist!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    I do not see the shoes from this link marked off. I only see this with metal eyelets marked off. Are the shoes with metal eyelets also made by Alden?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aqwayne93 View Post
    I do not see the shoes from this link marked off. I only see this with metal eyelets marked off. Are the shoes with metal eyelets also made by Alden?

The brown ones are down to $149. Metal eyelets I believe are also Alden, but AE also has a similar one.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redranger View Post
    The brown ones are down to $149. Metal eyelets I believe are also Alden, but AE also has a similar one.
    Well this is embarrassing... I blame the lack of caffeine in my system. Thank you for the prompt reply. This is very tempting... How does this Alden last fit compared with AE 5 which I am a 7.5D in?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aqwayne93 View Post
    Well this is embarrassing... I blame the lack of caffeine in my system. Thank you for the prompt reply. This is very tempting... How does this Alden last fit compared with AE 5 which I am a 7.5D in?
    I've read true to size. I haven't tried this last before either. I read is either Hampton or snap last.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I will also say this is a buy first return later situation

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    Shoot, im so tempted...really dont need brown captoe bluchers?