Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Twillory Shirt Review

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shad0w4life View Post
    I'm going to argue this, CT Sea Island is softer and is lighter feeling more appropriate for summer wear, it does have a slightly more noticable sheen appearance to it. Both have the added MOP buttons and not thin collars, plus added collar stays. But saying it's in a different category is just rubbish and a very misleading remark, I'd have it the other way around giving edge to CT Sea Island. If I had read this review and ordered Twillory with the expectations that this new $80 shirt is leagues above my $100 shirt I'd be going "Maybe they changed materials, it feels similar not a world above"

CT's shirts that are half the price; I'd say Twillory's fabric is thicker and stronger if it is indeed %100 Long staple cotton as advertised, which should last longer compared to regular cotton CT. The added MOP buttons as a nice touch on Twillory's side. I don't think I'd go as far as telling people to write off CT in this case either, I had quite a hard time deciding if CT Regular cotton vs CT Sea Island vs Twillory was best "feeling".

Would I recommend trying Twillory? Yup (and I did in my review), but if CT had a shirt in a colour I wanted I wouldn't hesitate, it just might not last as long and buttons wouldn't look as good.

Just trying to keep expectations reasonable here, nothing worse than having a product hyped up and then not meeting expectations.
    That is completely fair and I actually didn't realize CT offered a Sea Island cotton shirt. Personally sheen/thin shirts are a huge issue to me both stylistically and in regards to durability which is where my opinion of their lower end comes from. I tend to prefer heavier cloth for daily wear because I wear clothes out really quickly/am hard on shirts in particular.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    I've never tried CT so can't compare to them. I would say they are similar in price point to BR shirts but the Twillory shirt is a step above. I remember when BR shirts used to be higher quality and come with metal collar stays as opposed to what they put out now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hey Fellas, thanks for the honest and detailed feedback. I am the founder and CEO of Twillory- feel free to hit me up with any questions or comments.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher@Twillory View Post
    Hey Fellas, thanks for the honest and detailed feedback. I am the founder and CEO of Twillory- feel free to hit me up with any questions or comments.

When are you guys expecting non irons?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newguy123 View Post
    When are you guys expecting non irons?
    @Newguy123 We expect our first non-irons to arrive early 2015 and they will sell at a lower price than our regular shirts. If you are interested in shirts that you can just hang to dry after washing, our current collection is not what you are seeking. If your primary concern is how they wrinkle, although our current collection have not been treated chemically to produce the non-iron effect, they hold up pretty well during a days work. Hope that helps.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)
    @Newguy123 We expect our first non-irons to arrive early 2015 and they will sell at a lower price than our regular shirts. If you are interested in shirts that you can just hang to dry after washing, our current collection is not what you are seeking. If your primary concern is how they wrinkle, although our current collection have not been treated chemically to produce the non-iron effect, they hold up pretty well during a days work. Hope that helps.
    I can attest to that, mine stayed fine with a simple steam out of the box for an entire day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshackleford View Post
    I can attest to that, mine stayed fine with a simple steam out of the box for an entire day.
    One of the many advantages of crafting our fabrics from scratch is that we can construct each fabric to achieve the same wrinkle-resistant effect regardless of style. When purchasing fabric from a mill you are limited to the construction they have selected for the particular style that you like.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    One of the many advantages of crafting our fabrics from scratch is that we can construct each fabric to achieve the same wrinkle-resistant effect regardless of style. When purchasing fabric from a mill you are limited to the construction they have selected for the particular style that you like.
    Does Twillory own and operate its own power looms?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschetta View Post
    Does Twillory own and operate its own power looms?
    While for many decades we used to own and operate our own looms, we found it more efficient and cost effective to contract directly with the weavers. We purchase the yarns, contract the weavers, and then contract the finishing plant. Doing things this way keeps the cost of fabric at less than half of Albini, Monti etc.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    I too received a shirt, and I also thought my feedback was to be sent directly to @Jake101.

In a nutshell, my impression was cautious optimism. I compared a white sea island twill Twillory shirt side by side with a sky CT twill shirt. Fit was practically the same, design details were similar, Twillory wins in every category, which is to be expected, considering the actual price they can be had for is somewhat higher.

My only concern was the finishing quality. There was a sewing pin still in the collar of my shirt. The stitching just seemed sloppy compared to CT. Possibly it was just a bad batch, or maybe I'm overly critical.

At any rate, they still compare favorably against CT; they're a bit more expensive, but you're getting a tangible improvement in material quality.