Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vincero - The Men's Collective - Watches & Leather Goods Direct to Members

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    The Baron Briefcase Collection was released this morning!

Campaign is up: http://vincerocollective.com/pages/the-lab

Full Grain leather briefcases available for 2 weeks at only $159.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Check out a video walk through of the Baron Briefcase Collection as one of our co-founders, Tim, takes you through each part! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFl_...ature=youtu.be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Last Call on Full Grain Leather Briefcases for $159 in the Lab. Funding ends Sunday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    The new Slim Swiss series is coming to the Collective next week. Sign up for early access on our site

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)
    I was also one of the people who received a watch for a review and pictures. This is rose-gold with a black dial and black strap. First, let me say that gold-plate essentially limits this watch to a limited wear watch, because the plating will come off over time. That being said, it would not be bad for a dress watch rotation. It is very basic and simple.

I think it is an error to make this a 42mm watch. 40mm is the max I would go with a plain dress watch, regardless of the common trend.

Impressions
    The leather used in the strap is ok, not great, but not terrible feeling either. It's the weakest aspect of the watch IMO. The dial is basic and pretty good looking, not sure I like the company name on the left side of the dial. I really just have a list of good and bad below. Overall, I would say that at $150, it has stiff competition with Orient for dress watches. However, it may improve with some better QC processes, particularly the dust under the crystal and properly lined up indices. I don't really know how it matches up quality-wise to other watches in this price-point, my cheapest watch is a Seiko SARB033 so it's not a fair comparison.

Cons:
    -The hands don't line up with the indices
    -Dust on dial (noticeable between the 1 and 2 o'clock in the photos; and 5 and 6; it is all over the dial when the sun hits it
    -leather strap is lacking

Pros:
    -Pretty good looking watch
    -Nice presentation
    -Will be a community driven watch (I believe?), so what is liked is what will be made
    -Accurate time