Thread: Charles Tyrwhitt AMEX Deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Charles Tyrwhitt AMEX Deal

Posted this in the general discussion $1500 wardrobe thread as well.

Considering the amazing deal I just got with CT, I need to tell somebody about it.

My AMEX card offers deals from time to time, based on my shopping habit. The other day I noticed that there was a deal for $30 off $100 spent at CT online. Now, I've never bought any dress shirts from CT, and to be quite honest, hadn't planned on buying any time soon. But, after seeing today's $1500 thread and all the reviews on CT, I decided to pull the trigger. I opted for the $39.95 shirt and tie deal, and tried to see what I could get to stack my AMEX deal alongside.

Ended up purchasing a Sky Twill Non-Iron Extra Slim Fit, Lilac Twill Puppytooth Non-iron Extra Slim Fit and a Woven Slim Blue Multi Dot Tie. With shipping, that all came to $89.95, which means to get to my AMEX deal, I needed another $10.15. So, I added an $11 gift certificate in for myself, bringing my total to $100.85, shipping included. Charged my AMEX, and $30 instantly came off.

$70.85 for 2 shirts, a tie and $11 for my next purchase!

AND I saw that my wife has the same deal on her AMEX. I'm considering buying a $100 CT gift card on her AMEX, only pay $70 for it, and have $111 for my next CT purchase!

Moral of the story, if you currently have an AMEX credit card, and are looking to get some new dress shirt, do yourself a favor and check to see if there's an offer loaded on your card for you to use. Mine says it expires Nov. 9th.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    You'll love the shirts. They are awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I'm really hoping so. Currently I have 2 Brooks Brothers and a handful of JCF Dress Shirts. My concern was the size and fits. I wear a small currently, and wasn't sure about the Extra Slim Fits, but from reviews online, I think I should be ok.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Is that name a reference to G Love and Special Sauce? I see you are in Philly.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahglove View Post
    Posted this in the general discussion $1500 wardrobe thread as well.

Considering the amazing deal I just got with CT, I need to tell somebody about it.

My AMEX card offers deals from time to time, based on my shopping habit. The other day I noticed that there was a deal for $30 off $100 spent at CT online. Now, I've never bought any dress shirts from CT, and to be quite honest, hadn't planned on buying any time soon. But, after seeing today's $1500 thread and all the reviews on CT, I decided to pull the trigger. I opted for the $39.95 shirt and tie deal, and tried to see what I could get to stack my AMEX deal alongside.

Ended up purchasing a Sky Twill Non-Iron Extra Slim Fit, Lilac Twill Puppytooth Non-iron Extra Slim Fit and a Woven Slim Blue Multi Dot Tie. With shipping, that all came to $89.95, which means to get to my AMEX deal, I needed another $10.15. So, I added an $11 gift certificate in for myself, bringing my total to $100.85, shipping included. Charged my AMEX, and $30 instantly came off.

$70.85 for 2 shirts, a tie and $11 for my next purchase!

AND I saw that my wife has the same deal on her AMEX. I'm considering buying a $100 CT gift card on her AMEX, only pay $70 for it, and have $111 for my next CT purchase!

Moral of the story, if you currently have an AMEX credit card, and are looking to get some new dress shirt, do yourself a favor and check to see if there's an offer loaded on your card for you to use. Mine says it expires Nov. 9th.
    Nice!

Although, I might have one-upped you.. I bought the $100 off ctshirts.com for $30 from GILT (the original offer was $100 for $50 but i was able to use a 40% off code). Then i added the $30 off $100 from amex.. So my final bill was $199(4 shirts)-$100(GILTdisc)+$30(GILTpayment)+$9.95(shipping)-$30(AMEX)=108.95 for 4 shirts = $27.23/shirt. I still have the other GILT coupon for a shirt + tie for $39 shipped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigq View Post
    Nice!

Although, I might have one-upped you.. I bought the $100 off ctshirts.com for $30 from GILT (the original offer was $100 for $50 but i was able to use a 40% off code). Then i added the $30 off $100 from amex.. So my final bill was $199(4 shirts)-$100(GILTdisc)+$30(GILTpayment)+$9.95(shipping)-$30(AMEX)=108.95 for 4 shirts = $27.23/shirt. I still have the other GILT coupon for a shirt + tie for $39 shipped.
    I think you did. Still, we made out like bandits!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahglove View Post
    I think you did. Still, we made out like bandits!
    We sure did! btw.. if you feel the urge to buy more, try ctshirts.com/james for 3 shirts @ $99. You could use your $11 gift card.