Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Main site comments down?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)
    Spare the rod, spoil the child. Joe leads with a firm but fair hand.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    What happened?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Oh good, glad it's not just me and I haven't been perma-banned or something!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    279 Post(s)
    I thought that, too, which led to a moment of self questioning: "I'm not a troll. Do people think I'm a troll? Am I a troll who just doesn't know it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Rex Bishop View Post
    Oh good, glad it's not just me and I haven't been perma-banned or something!

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Dappered's comments section has been targeted by a high number of truly unpleasant people over the past few weeks. A group of people have been leaving highly offensive comments after every article. The comments include insults, personal attacks, and other overwhelmingly negative statements. This group of men paid special attention to the articles written by Beth and Amber.

Dappered's staff can moderate this behavior to some degree, but it isn't a pleasant job. It's both disturbing and depressing to see this side of people.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)
    Sadly there is no other solution but to pend comments or close them completely. IP banneds and registering to post are just speed bumps for the truly unruly trolls. There will always be a few who ruin it for the masses. There is no consequence on the internet.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akosmowski View Post
    @Deke I like the new Bonobos design, and I rarely can say that. I found it nicely laid out AND user-friendly (OK, maybe friendly to just THIS user).
    Yeah, turns out it's just my work computer that doesn't like the website (and apparently Chrome for iOS). It was very slick when I got home and tried my personal one.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschetta View Post
    Dappered's comments section has been targeted by a high number of truly unpleasant people over the past few weeks. A group of people have been leaving highly offensive comments after every article. The comments include insults, personal attacks, and other overwhelmingly negative statements. This group of men paid special attention to the articles written by Beth and Amber.

Dappered's staff can moderate this behavior to some degree, but it isn't a pleasant job. It's both disturbing and depressing to see this side of people.
    Yikes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I was wondering what was going on. That is very sad. I too love the comments, and I hope they figure out a way to open them back up.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    There is no consequence on the internet.
    For trolling alone, you're probably right, but if the comments get worse than that you can sometimes get them. I recently successfully identified the author of defamatory internet postings about a client of mine. It was expensive and time-intensive (but I repeat myself), but it can be done.