Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For those with LARGE thighs

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    I've got big thighs because I'm just a full figured man who doesn't exercise enough these days. My waist measures 33 and usually I can wear a size 33 pant, 34 if necessary. I'm 5'11 and 190-195 lbs (who keeps track anyways). I'd guesstimate my thighs at about 24-26 inches.

I agree with Dog that wearing a straight leg does not flatter me at all. There absolutely has to be some taper because my upper body is not that large, so I look unbalanced with a fitted shirt and straight leg pants. At the same time, I cannot wear skinny fit, as the extreme tapering brings all the focus to my middle/thighs, and that is not a good look on anyone.

I have experimented some with slimmer fits (NOT skinny). Go to a store and try these out:

Banana Republic Aiden Fit Chino: These are my slimmest chinos and I fit snugly into a 33x32 pair. You could try sizing up a size or two.

J Crew Slim Bedord pant: The Bedford is a straight fit, but the slim version provides much needed narrowing to the leg and thigh. I have a non-slim pair and don't like them because they are too straight. Try the Sutton chinos while you're at it- they are very similar to the BR Aiden. I have a pair of the Thompson Slim Pants in sz. 33 and it is as slim as I can pull off. Any tighter and my man bulge would be showing.

Levi's 513: Cut straight up top but narrows/slims down low.
    Last edited by DapperTexan; October 21st, 2014 at 06:27 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    I've tried the 513s but was like a stuffed sausage. I'll try some other fits hopefully this week and update with some pictures. God info so far, let's keep it going!

I'm hesitant to buy because I get left plying for pants that end up fitting a bit different than they did in the fitting room after a few wears/washes. How do you guys test the pants out when trying them on in fitting rooms?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    I always ask myself "If these shrunk one size would I still be able to wear them, would I still want to?". If they are cheap, I will usually chance it. If not, then I usually won't.

I wash my pants in cold water (gentle cycle), tumble dry NO HEAT for 20 mins then hang for 30-45 mins. Then I take the iron to 'em and let them finish drying on a hanger. Hot water and high heat will shrink pants. The BR Aiden Chinos have not shrunk. They will stiffen after washing and drying, but by lunch time they are broken in again.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    As a fellow "large" thigh-having guy, it might be useful if people posted fit photos for reference. Some people's idea of well-fitting might seem to be too tight. Or too loose.

No, this isn't some weird way to get you guys to post pictures of your legs.

Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2144 Post(s)

Levi's 514

Some kind of JCP slim-straight cords

Some kind of JCF slim-straight linen pants

And a gratuitous booty shot. To prove I'm all about dat bass ('bout dat bass, no treble).
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I'll chime in on this one, as i too have the thunderous thighs from many years of soccer. I am about 5' 10", 190 Lbs, and i wear a size 32 waist. I find that i have grown a strong liking to the JCF Sutton pants and the JC mainline 770's. They have a great mix of slim, but not too slim. I have bought several pairs since they have come out, and i really like the way fit, move, and look. Also, i have found that the Urban Slim fit in some of of J Crew's light cotton pants fit really well too.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    @LesserBlackDog RE "To prove I'm all about dat bass ('bout dat bass, no treble)." Kate Davis does a much better job.

http://youtu.be/iyTTX6Wlf1Y

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Richards View Post
    I'll chime in on this one, as i too have the thunderous thighs from many years of soccer. I am about 5' 10", 190 Lbs, and i wear a size 32 waist. I find that i have grown a strong liking to the JCF Sutton pants and the JC mainline 770's. They have a great mix of slim, but not too slim. I have bought several pairs since they have come out, and i really like the way fit, move, and look. Also, i have found that the Urban Slim fit in some of of J Crew's light cotton pants fit really well too.
    Yes, the JCF Sutton is basically the equivalent of the BR Aiden fit chinos. I don't own the Suttons but they seem very similar.

I took some pictures with my phone today wearing the BR Aiden's, but I'm afraid they aren't as helpful as @LesserBlackDog as I was having to do this myself.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    BR Aiden Fit Chinos

JCF Thompson Slim Suit (Pants only)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)