Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: For those with LARGE thighs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jyii07 View Post
    how is the rise on the Bonobos athletic fit chinos? I know they advertise them as "mid-rise" but i've heard from some that they are even lower than normal "low rise" pants.
    They are mid-rise. I have no problem keeping them up nor do I have any issues with them looking like low-rise pants.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    I swear by the new Levi's 541 line

Still struggle finding Chinos or dress pants, though.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty520 View Post
    I swear by the new Levi's 541 line

Still struggle finding Chinos or dress pants, though.
    I find the 541 line interesting. I have two different washes, ordered online, which fit differently. One fits perfect in the thighs, but is a little long. The other fits perfect length, but is a little tight in the calves/thighs. Both ordered/washed same time.

For Chino's so far I like the BR Aiden fit best (used to like the Bonobos regular fit, but now they are feeling like I am going to split the crotch/same with Uniqlo straight selvedge and Lands End Canvas made in USA straight fit). For Dress pants the Lands End washable wool have worked well (size up one in the waist)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 77Pat View Post
    I find the 541 line interesting. I have two different washes, ordered online, which fit differently. One fits perfect in the thighs, but is a little long. The other fits perfect length, but is a little tight in the calves/thighs. Both ordered/washed same time.

For Chino's so far I like the BR Aiden fit best (used to like the Bonobos regular fit, but now they are feeling like I am going to split the crotch/same with Uniqlo straight selvedge and Lands End Canvas made in USA straight fit). For Dress pants the Lands End washable wool have worked well (size up one in the waist)

I believe it is pretty important to try on multiple pairs of the same fit because they will all fit slightly differently, even if they are supposed to be identical.

I agree on the issue with the different finishes fitting differently - despite being 541s, I cant find a pair of the 'tarmac' finish that fits if my life depended on it - they are just too stiff. I think they should consider adding a little more of the stretch blend to that finish.

I keep hearing great things about Bonobo, but they aren't sold here, and as I indicated, I won't buy something I can't try on

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty520 View Post
    I believe it is pretty important to try on multiple pairs of the same fit because they will all fit slightly differently, even if they are supposed to be identical.

I agree on the issue with the different finishes fitting differently - despite being 541s, I cant find a pair of the 'tarmac' finish that fits if my life depended on it - they are just too stiff. I think they should consider adding a little more of the stretch blend to that finish.

I keep hearing great things about Bonobo, but they aren't sold here, and as I indicated, I won't buy something I can't try on
    Free shipping and returns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Got me interested now. I'm surprised I found this forum through google but glad I did and now that I'm caught up. I'm 5'10" 27" thighs, 18" knees and 17" calves and was mostly wondering what leg opening is appropriate as to not cover my Clark's desert boots? My current leg opening sits at 16" but it just covers too much of my boot. I'll post pics of what I mean when I figure out how LOL. Im really just trying to dial in a fit that's not carrot-like but slim enough to just sit on the shoes (sneakers or dress boots) nicely without bunching over and covering up their beauty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/be...g.html?filters[user]=146350387&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=2

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastlyben007 View Post
    Got me interested now. I'm surprised I found this forum through google but glad I did and now that I'm caught up. I'm 5'10" 27" thighs, 18" knees and 17" calves and was mostly wondering what leg opening is appropriate as to not cover my Clark's desert boots? My current leg opening sits at 16" but it just covers too much of my boot. I'll post pics of what I mean when I figure out how LOL. Im really just trying to dial in a fit that's not carrot-like but slim enough to just sit on the shoes (sneakers or dress boots) nicely without bunching over and covering up their beauty.
    The easy solution here is to simply buy trousers that fit well everywhere else and bring them to a tailor to taper from the knee down. Depending on your own size and shoe size (and preferences) it might not mean much for someone to simply give you a number (such as 15.5"), since the only real way to know is to have tailor pin them in real life while you are wearing them (make sure you wear your Clark's to the tailor) and see what you like).

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    The easy solution here is to simply buy trousers that fit well everywhere else and bring them to a tailor to taper from the knee down. Depending on your own size and shoe size (and preferences) it might not mean much for someone to simply give you a number (such as 15.5"), since the only real way to know is to have tailor pin them in real life while you are wearing them (make sure you wear your Clark's to the tailor) and see what you like).
    Exactly. I go with either a slim and take in the waist or relaxed fit and slim the leg out. Slimming the leg is a bit easier and you can alter the length while working on the leg width. It also gets you exactly what you want for leg opening, just make sure you're consistent side to side. Altering the waist is generally less work but is a little trickier depending on the pant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Lightbulb For those with Quads

We know this an old thread but we are guessing folks with an issue of finding Jeans and Chinos for large thighs or BiG quads as we call it still exists...We only make and carry jeans and chinos for folks with quads....Check us out at Keirin Cut Jeans....Thanks...plus this is our recently created official account so feel free to ask questions