2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    those toes looking awfully square

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    381 Post(s)
    5'10ish 220lbs 36" waist 25" thighs but 17" calves. It takes time once you find a fit keep buying it!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    if you live near a nordstrom rack, i got louis raphael pants for 30 bucks...

i'm 5'7'' with 24 inch thighs at 170 lbs, and i got the 33/30's that fit pretty well.

i generally wear a 32 and need to jump up to 34 or 35 for it to fit in the thighs. so i feel they're a bit baggier in the thigh area.

not sure how a 33/34 or 34/34 would fit you... but you could give em a try if you have a nordstrom rack around you.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liminal View Post
    those toes looking awfully square
    I dunno if you meant to come across as rude, but this isn't a "critique my look" thread. This was advice for a guy looking for a pair of pants that fit.

Also I love those shoes. Back off.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    I went on a little spree this evening. I tried on 4 fits at Jcrew, 3 at BR and 1 at JCF. It is kind of tough because most stores don't carry a lot of 33" and 35" waists which is what I am right around. Also, its hard to find 34"inseam on some. Therefore alot of what I tried was 34x34 and 34x32 and 36x32. I don't know if the shorter legs contributed to the lower legs being tight or not. Do you guys think that inseam would affect the width at the calf?

Anyways, In summary:

JC Urban Slim: need to size up 1-2 sizes, pant is a little tight on calf, kind of bunches below knee when standing after sitting down, not as bad with the larger size. would need to tailor larder size.
    JC slim straight (I think): Need to size up 2+ sizes for thighs to be comfortable. Not sure how much these would stretch, maybeget away with sizing up less if they would stretch a bit. Would need to tailor waist at larger size
    JC bowery: fit fine, a little baggier than I want.
    JC Bowery Slim: similar to the urban slim, a bit tighter in the thigh but doesn't bunch as much when standing up from sitting down.

BR slim straight: size up 1-2 sizes, could tailor but will probably get away without it
    BR Aden: fit better than what I thought. Size up 1-2, I like them better than the Gavin fits I have, I think they would need to be tailored.

JCF Sutton: more room than I thought they would have only sized up 1 size, the lower leg was TIGHT on my thigh though, real tight.

I've got pictures of most, but its late, maybe I'll upload them tomorrow if there is interest.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    Absolutely. I think this is a great discussion.

Also, way to get out there and do some scouting and putting your research into practice. I'll be interested to hear what you like best.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DapperTexan View Post
    I dunno if you meant to come across as rude, but this isn't a "critique my look" thread. This was advice for a guy looking for a pair of pants that fit.

Also I love those shoes. Back off.
    He just said they look square. What do you have against squares to get so defensive? #respectallshapes

I agree w/ the above poster that said you want to go higher-end because the material will drape better. Also, in my experience it's easier to bring in a fuller cut than the other way around, so when in doubt I err on slightly fuller cut and have my tailor work his magic. Truth be told, getting a good rise, waist, and fit at the rear is most important, you can fuss with the legs afterward. I have larger thighs, I think the key is to do it this way, and be sure to not taper aggressively, start gently above the knee and then a bit more below. I think wearing pants with a higher rise and a relatively fuller thigh is altered to taper gently looks better than sizing up two to fit into the lower-rise slim fit pants that'll finally accommodate your thighs. I've done both. I wear my tailored JC Bowery way more than my JC Urban Slim.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosRockets View Post
    He just said they look square. What do you have against squares to get so defensive? #respectallshapes

I agree w/ the above poster that said you want to go higher-end because the material will drape better. Also, in my experience it's easier to bring in a fuller cut than the other way around, so when in doubt I err on slightly fuller cut and have my tailor work his magic. Truth be told, getting a good rise, waist, and fit at the rear is most important, you can fuss with the legs afterward. I have larger thighs, I think the key is to do it this way, and be sure to not taper aggressively, start gently above the knee and then a bit more below. I think wearing pants with a higher rise and a relatively fuller thigh is altered to taper gently looks better than sizing up two to fit into the lower-rise slim fit pants that'll finally accommodate your thighs. I've done both. I wear my tailored JC Bowery way more than my JC Urban Slim.
    And if I said your stomach was looking awfully round would you take such unsolicited feedback as friendly? If I want opinions on my shoes I'll ask. It is generally considered rude to criticize someone you dont knows clothes without being asked first.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    330 Post(s)
    Don't post pictures if you dont want comments.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    This isn't my thread. If you actually read it, you'd see the OP asked for pics of PANTS. Nowhere did I say "ohhh look at this outfit!" Feel free to talk about how the pants fit. That response was off topic and was borderline trolling. Way to hijack this guys thread, though.