Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you looking forward to wearing this fall?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)

What are you looking forward to wearing this fall?

Fall is finally here! Since I started upping my style game autumn has been one of my favorite seasons. Layering. Tweed. Flannel. Boots. Earth tones.  There are so many awesome things about fall. What are you looking forward to wearing the most? Is it a new purchase or something that you have had for a while now? Maybe its even something you are lusting over that you are anxiously waiting for that sale to pounce!

For me there are so many things I can't wait to wear. Most of them are new purchases that I picked up in the off season. I snagged a few tweed jackets off ebay that I have been itching to throw on. I almost wore one to church today, but it was almost 80 degrees out so I refrained. I also grabbed a wool diamond tip bowtie from JCF that I have been mentally pairing with blazers and shirts for a few months. Also I got a j crew dock peacoat and a tweed overcoat I can't wait to pull out of storage. I just cashed in my BR rewards on some flannel trousers that should be here this week .

Anyone else as excited as me?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zcm View Post
    Anyone else as excited as me?
    I hate this thread. Everyday it's getting hotter and hotter.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Blazers and jackets mostly. More boots will be nice. I'm more excited about the cooler weather. The pretty trees are nice too.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3piece View Post
    I hate this thread. Everyday it's getting hotter and hotter.
    Where do you live?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1104 Post(s)
    Sweaters and jeans are fall equivalents to summers t-shirts and jeans. I just like layering up and feeling the cool breeze on my face while I stay warm.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Really ready for it to really cool down here in ATL. It's not hot, but just humid and still only getting into the 60's for lows. Having said that, my favorite thing for Fall/Winter is to make full use of my vastly over supplied array of sweaters and cords!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Tweeds for me too. There is another guy in the office who has started dressing sharper but now I have to worry that we look like twins. His style is very urban dressy so my tweeds are now screaming to come out to show that we are individuals (he is senior to me so I don't want to appear as a kiss up).

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    144 Post(s)
    i'm mainly looking forward to layering up as it gets colder. I don't have any particular clothing choices in mind, it's just nice to not have to deal with warm weather. I hate freezing, arctic temps though but it's unavoidable.

Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2114 Post(s)
    I've already got most of my fall stuff in rotation. It snowed here as early as mid August, and a second time a few weeks ago. There were a few freak days at 90F last week, but otherwise it's been a pretty cool, wet September so far.

I've been getting lots of wear out of my boots, my midweight outerwear (Barbooooour), my cords, and especially my light quilted vest for in-between days when it's chilly in the morning and hot during the day. Haven't busted the tweed out yet but I've got a few depositions this week so maybe I'll do that in lieu of a navy blazer. It's not quite cool enough to do much layering yet... I've just been wearing my vest or a midweight jacket over a shirt. No sweaters so far.
    Ben

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    I overcommitted to fall in a frenzy over the weekend, especially yesterday, and it ended up hitting 80. I busted our my denim mid-weight denim shirt, some jeans, and my 1000 miles and was tromping around Georgetown.

2 hours later, I was sweating like an idiot and staring at the college kids in their shorts and t-shirts a little enviously. But eff it, I wanted to wear my boots.