131 Post(s)
    Stingray?

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    @Jamie: Yes.

That is a killer midnight blue/museum blue. Also another shoe lust since I've been on SF too long is a norweigen split toe boot. I like Alden's shell option on the plaza last but I'm more likely gonna be able to afford something in suede or calfskin. Allen Edmonds has a cool seasonal model, the Portland, which some people have been tossing around in the MTO thread as a future GMTO.

Also PSA since I dont think it's been mentioned here: AE stores around the country are hosting special events where they are showcasing 4 special-edition shell cordovan colors that they are offering for a limited time: bottle green, navy, natural, and deep dark brown. You can MTO on one of a few classic styles (Park Ave, Dundee, MacNeil, Strands, Patriot?) and have the MTO fee waived or do it on any other style and pay the MTO fee ($125). So essentially you can get a special-edition shell shoe for the price of a standard shell shoe in that style if you stick to one of the above styles.

Pics of the shell:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/t...0#post_7499524
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/t...5#post_7502306

Love all of them, can't afford any. The bottle green is more beautiful than I could have imagined, and that navy shell is so sharp, but I'm most surprised by the natural because I was worried it would look really awful and instead it's a gorgeous honey/golden tan. Hope somebody here sees this and buys a pair.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosRockets View Post
    Also PSA since I dont think it's been mentioned here: AE stores around the country are hosting special events where they are showcasing 4 special-edition shell cordovan colors that they are offering for a limited time: bottle green, navy, natural, and deep dark brown. You can MTO on one of a few classic styles (Park Ave, Dundee, MacNeil, Strands, Patriot?) and have the MTO fee waived or do it on any other style and pay the MTO fee ($125). So essentially you can get a special-edition shell shoe for the price of a standard shell shoe in that style if you stick to one of the above styles.
    The DC store on Connecticut is hosting this trunk show tomorrow, Thursday Nov 13th. Per the invite:

"Visit the Allen Edmonds - Connecticut Avenue store and be the first to see our new limited time Cordovan colors including: Natural Brown, Navy, Deep Dark Brown, and Bottle Green. In addition, we will have our usual Cherry, Black, and Dark Walnut available.

All colors are available on a first come first serve basis. Special color orders on select styles will be done at regular cordovan pricing.

All orders will be shipped by December 22nd"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Since I probably put this pea coat on other people's radar with this post, I figured I should probably follow up a little. I ordered the coat and received it yesterday. It's pretty nice but the color and fit are both off.

The color is more of a rich, saturated, almost emerald-like green than the muted, greyish green oregano color shown on the website. I like the more muted color better but that wouldn't necessarily be a deal-breaker if the fit was right. Unfortunately it isn't.

I own a few bits of J.Crew outerwear so I feel reasonably confident in saying that the sizing on this is unusually small for J.Crew. In the past, I've found that J.Crew outerwear can actually run pretty big and boxy, to the point where I've sized down to XS in a couple instances. In this case, I ordered my usual size small and can barely squeeze into it. The shoulders and upper arms are particularly snug - shoulders are just 16.5" across and the chest is 39". I definitely felt squeezed, even with just a regular shirt on underneath.

Buyer be warned. Best to ask for garment measurements and consider sizing up.
    @LesserBlackDog Did you ever end up trying out the Dock peacoat in larger size/different color? Curious to hear your thoughts if so. Thanks

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    330 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=devastitis;189943]Those look nice, but damnnnnnnn at these double monks: http://cdn.styleforum.net/2/26/500x1...atchgrain.jpeg[/QUOT

Those are aggressive.