Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Lusts - Fall/Winter 2014 Edition

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)

New Lusts - Fall/Winter 2014 Edition

This topic has come up a few times in the past, but I figured I'd start a new thread rather than zombifying old ones.

With cooler weather rolling around (for many of us, anyway), it's getting to be that time where we dust off our fall/winter wardrobe and start wondering if it needs to be spruced up a bit....

Right now I am really tempted by these:

J.Crew dock peacoat in "mossy shadow"

and/or

Schott NYC casual racer in brown leather (inspired by @Shomas's mention a while back).

I've also been stocking up on inexpensive corduroy pants from J.Crew Factory. Not sure why I'm feeling so partial to corduroy this year.

Anybody got anything cool they're chomping at the bit to buy?
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    More boots! Not sure what kind yet.

JCF cords are on my list as well. The quality and fit suit me just fine.

A wool topcoat. The Ludlow wool/cashmere would be great. My Merona peacoat will do for now....

The H&M navy trench. Work parking has changed, so I will be walking 2-3 blocks everyday and it tends to rain here in Oregon....

More sweaters....Elbow patch JCF first, then a couple crew neck merinos...I tried out one from BR, but the JC/Factory slim fits are still the best for me...

Gonna try out some black denim, too. This was NOT influenced by the recent GAP emails...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Brown suede chukkas - church's ryder III, because they make a wide fitting suede chukka! Corduroy pants - bonobos french corders JCF cords. Grey shawl cardigan (everlane's?). Wool coat, either a peacoat or textured wool That green dock peacoat looks great. Donegal or tweed blazer.

Now, if my budget equalled my wish list.
    "Tempus Fugit"

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    Echoing everyone, some cords would be nice. A few shirts from Proper Cloth or Spier and Mackay. That's about it right now. My wardrobe is pretty set at the moment.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)
    Wool topcoat. That Suit Supply navy piece from the topcoat thread is tempting me.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    That Schott jacket is a winner. For real. I just got a crotch hole in my brown cords, which have been my go-to jeans alternative for a couple of years. So, I'm going to have to replace those.

I also just noticed that the jacket of my charcoal J. Crew Factory Thompson suit is real good and snug. I don't think there's enough fabric in there to let it out much. I'm probably going to have to replace that. It's about time I had something a little higher end anyhow. Suit Supply may be the way to go with that...

I've got a pair of Alden Cigar Shell Longwings that I've put a deposit down on. I'm expecting those sometime before December. I'm VERY excited about that.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shomas View Post

I've got a pair of Alden Cigar Shell Longwings that I've put a deposit down on. I'm expecting those sometime before December. I'm VERY excited about that.
    Now THAT is exciting!

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Been trying to improve the casual side of my wardrobe:
    * Echoing BenR, a leather moto or a suede/doeskin bomber - probably going to stay a lust for now
    * Dressy, foul-weather boots: one of the following - http://pinoylifestyleidiot.com/2014/...e-up-mock-ups/ but if I could I'd pick up every single one. Leaning toward the grain version because it'll be sleek enough to work under flannels in foul weather, and I need a rainy day hospital boot. The navy boot is tempting but I know the grain will perform better in wet weather. The grain won't hold up to any of my lighter wools but I don't need it to
    * Wool shirt jacket type thing: I really liked this one I tried on at Billy Reid last year from their MSL-ALA collection, they have a couple similar ones now but they're super expensive so I am definitely going the vintage route. http://www.billyreid.com/product/ber...cket-grey.html
    * 2 pairs of selvedge denim: mid-weight raw indigo, and maybe I can pick up a natural/tan color on sale
    * Khaki trench?

Looking forward to using all of the outerwear I purchased earlier this year for all of 3 months :P

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Ordered the AE Field Jacket that was on here a while back, so that should arrive soon. Keeping my eye out for a pair of chords. Would like a tweedy winter blazer, but only if I stumble across something at a good deal.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shomas View Post
    I also just noticed that the jacket of my charcoal J. Crew Factory Thompson suit is real good and snug. I don't think there's enough fabric in there to let it out much. I'm probably going to have to replace that. It's about time I had something a little higher end anyhow. Suit Supply may be the way to go with that...

Same deal with my navy Thompson suit. If I wore suits more often I'd replace it sooner but for now I'll just have to wear it unbuttoned.

I had put money down on some Alden longings from Leffot back in March. Just got a notice from Leffot that the shoes have finally arrived. Problem is that I'm over really expensive shoes at this point but didn't want to lose my deposit money. I should receive them this week but they'll be my last nice shoe purchase for a while.
    Last edited by Vicious49; September 7th, 2014 at 11:37 PM.