Thread: How do Frank and Oak shirts fit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

How do Frank and Oak shirts fit?

I'm looking to order some shirts from Frank and Oak (I really like many of the designs) but, due to their store-credit-only policy, am a little hesitant to place the order without knowing how the shirts fit...

Anyone out there have an experience with them? I usually wear a Tailored Slim in size Small from Banana Republic for reference. (But I wish they were a bit shorter, a bit slimmer, and had higher armholes...)

Any help here?

Thanks!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    They are about 2/3 of my shirts. Price quality combo cannot be beat. I would say they are about the same as the BR Tailored fit. If it helps the XXL fits like a Tommy Hilfiger custom fit XL.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    I usually wear a Tailored Slim in size Small from Banana Republic for reference. (But I wish they were a bit shorter, a bit slimmer, and had higher armholes...)
    I'd guess F&O small will work well for you. I wear a small in both and find that BR tends to run a little long for me, but like the length--especially of the sleeves--on my few F&O shirts. But I've also heard that their sizing can be a bit inconsistent, so YMMV.

They have a number of shirts for $25-30 in their summer sale, if you're not checking that out already. Might make the return policy sting less.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Why not try out the F&O Hunt Club? That way you can check the shirts our without committing any money. I have about 10 shirts, and 5 blazers from F&O.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    The fit has come a long way on their shirts. When F&O first started the fits were hit and miss as one shirt would fit perfect, and you'd need to size up 2 sizes in another.
    The last 3 or 4 shirts I've gotten have all fit perfectly though. And I'd actually say that the mediums are the perfect fitting shirt for me right now, decent length and slim through the waist.
    I find they fit very true to size with BR tailored slim or jcrew slim fits being a little bit looser

I'd suggest either signing up for hunt club or give the summer sale a try for a cheaper shirt to try size or hunt club can return ship for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fooz View Post
    Why not try out the F&O Hunt Club? That way you can check the shirts our without committing any money. I have about 10 shirts, and 5 blazers from F&O.
    Because they only give store credit back if it doesn't work out...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Because they only give store credit back if it doesn't work out...
    Oh really? When did that change? I just returned a crate and wasn't charged a cent.... I was under the impression they only charged you if you actually purchased an item through the Hunt Club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fooz View Post
    Oh really? When did that change? I just returned a crate and wasn't charged a cent.... I was under the impression they only charged you if you actually purchased an item through the Hunt Club.
    Actually just looked into it, and you are indeed correct. You don't get charged at all. BUT... Then you have to worry about canceling your membership if you no longer want to get anything from them...