Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Lands End Tailored Fit Donegal Tweed Jacket - 40R

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

FS: Lands End Tailored Fit Donegal Tweed Jacket - 40R

Get ready for the Fall with this excellent-used-condition, tailored-fit Lands End Donegal Jacket in 40R. The brown tweed jacket is flecked with bits of color - yellow, green, red, blue, orange, red - that make it an absolute joy to see in person (traditionally donegal tweeds were colored this way with plants and berries indigenous to Donegal, Ireland where the fabric originated). The fabric is 85% wool/15% poly but you won't notice the poly since tweeds inherently have a bit scratchier/rougher texture to them. No tears, rips, or stains.

Although LE paired this jacket with matching pants and sold it as a suit, I've worn the jacket well with wool trousers, moleskin pants, and jeans since I didn't purchase the pants at the time. For those of you who grabbed the pants but missed out on the jacket, this is an opportunity to complete the set! Unfortunately it's just a bit big on me (I'm a 38R and I've tailored this a bit already and don't want to do any more to it, would rather see it go to somebody who can make more use out of it). Believe me, I'm torn just listing this thing because I don't know when I'll ever get my hands on a jacket with this sort of fabric again, but I don't have that many opportunities to wear tweed in Texas.

Shoulders are fairly soft, lapels are traditional, and the jacket has a low buttoning point that will elongate the wearer. The jacket is double vented and has a ticket pocket. The weird bump on the right sleeve/shoulder in the picture is simply due to the hanger.

Measurements:
    Shoulders: 17.5
    Pit to Pit: 20
    Sleeves: 25.75
    Length (BOC): 29

Price: $100
    shipped, OBO.

All items are final sale. No returns or refunds. Please ask any questions and double-check your measurements before payment. I can provide additional measurements and photos upon request. Only accepted form of payment is PayPal (paid as a gift, if you prefer to pay as a purchase please add 3%). Payment due within 24 hours after purchase. Sorry, I can only ship to buyers in the United States at this time.

Pics:

WIWT submission: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilsxuno4j4oobbz/IMAG1875.jpg
    Last edited by LosRockets; August 2nd, 2014 at 11:54 PM.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Bump! I know some of you are looking for this jacket!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    The pic of you wearing it is making me think seriously about it. It looks great.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Bump for @Tid and anybody else interested.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    If you're considering the JCF Herringbone Tweed available this fall take a closer look at this jacket.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Bump! $100 OBO.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    FWIW, I bought the pants when they were on sale at LE, but passed up the jacket. I kicked myself for that decision for over a year, until I finally picked up a similar one from Bonobos. If I hadn't, I'd be all over this and I advise anyone thinking about it to go for it. It's really a great material and a nice cut.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Thanks for the kind words Shomas! It's starting to cool down, I hope somebody grabs this for their fall rotation.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    $100 OBO, bump! Entertaining reasonable offers.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    DROP - $90 for this F/W staple. Will ship tomorrow if you can send payment before noon.