Page 188 of 194 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 1935

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)
    Need some new spring bars for my Mako XL. Any suggestions on where to get a good pair? Got a pair from a mall kiosk a while back and they were trash. Wondering if Amazon would be the same sub par quality

Thanks!
    We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by APinNC View Post
    Need some new spring bars for my Mako XL. Any suggestions on where to get a good pair? Got a pair from a mall kiosk a while back and they were trash. Wondering if Amazon would be the same sub par quality

Thanks!
    Have you tried Orient’s website? If they are not listed on the site, it might be worth reaching out to their customer service team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbirnie View Post
    Have you tried Orient’s website? If they are not listed on the site, it might be worth reaching out to their customer service team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Orient spring bars also seem to be a bit flimsy. Shortly after buying the watch, the original spring bar snapped at a Panthers game while I was cheering and my watch flew two rows down. Luckily it hit someone and not the ground, lol
    We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I went to a local jeweler and got 'em swapped out last time mine gave out. I have a Ray (the old version with the pusher) and the jeweler told me a really robust spring bar won't fit in the hole drilled out of the lugs. The key is getting the right length, if it's a millimeter too long or too short you're in trouble and Orient can use funky lengths.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hey what's up everybody. Does anyone have any thoughts about buying this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samuelsohn-...sAAOSwLgNaZRLO for my second sport coat? I already have a navy single-breasted wool one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hey total n00b here. I think I want to get that blazer that the blog man said was cool and good. The J. Crew Factory one.

I usually wear 41L suit slim fit. I'm 6'1" 180-185 lbs with a 32/33" waist, 36/37" giraffe arms, 16.5/17.5" collar and relatively large chest and shoulders. They don't have L or slim options and 41 is sold out. Should I, A: get the 40 and hope the sleeves and shoulders aren't too small, B: get the 42 and let my tailor take it in where it's too roomy, or C: just not get it at all right now and wait for a better buy to come along?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    877 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyGiraffe View Post
    Hey total n00b here. I think I want to get that blazer that the blog man said was cool and good. The J. Crew Factory one.

I usually wear 41L suit slim fit. I'm 6'1" 180-185 lbs with a 32/33" waist, 36/37" giraffe arms, 16.5/17.5" collar and relatively large chest and shoulders. They don't have L or slim options and 41 is sold out. Should I, A: get the 40 and hope the sleeves and shoulders aren't too small, B: get the 42 and let my tailor take it in where it's too roomy, or C: just not get it at all right now and wait for a better buy to come along?
    I don't have any specific experience with JCF jackets, so am unsure whether they run big or small (which might help you on the above), but typically I'd hesitate buying anything that isn't the chest size that you need. It's rather hard (and expensive) for a tailor to adjust the shoulders/chest area of a suitcoat, and generally you should get that right as a gating item and then see if a tailor can fix/tweak the remainder (e.g., arm lengths, waist).

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyGiraffe View Post

I am about the same size as you, a little bigger in the waist. The 40R in JCF blazers fits me very snug, a bit too small in the chest and when buttoned it pulls slightly at the botton (bigger waist though) and is pretty form fitting in the back...it would look ok to most people (and may feel ok too, depending on your personal preferences) but it is too tight of a jacket for my taste and too tight if you go by the generally accepted fit terms of a jacket. I get the 42R and have the waist taken in a little and its much better IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I recently got some Allen Edmonds Liverpool firsts. They came with a crease down the middle that is somewhat faint. Could y'all tell me if this is a normal thing on chelseas or if this warrants exchanging?

https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...95&oe=5AABF293
    https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...48&oe=5AAC476E

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I want to get a pair of Loake Pimlico chukka boots, but I am not sure about which size to get. Normally my size is 7.5 US/6.5 UK/40 EU, but in this case I have read that the "Capital" last is elongated and wide, so I don't know if I have to downsize half a number of the UK sizing. Any thoughts?

If somebody has experience with the Capital last, even though not with the Pimlico chukka, I will appreciate to know how it compares to other brands sizing.