Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeans For Thick Thighs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Jeans For Thick Thighs

Can anyone recommend jeans for someone with thicker (muscular) thighs?
    Sure years of competititve cycling and squats help me look great in shorts, but make it a pain to find good fitting denim.
    Any help would be awesome, bonus points for US made selvedge companies and fits.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)
    Rogue Territory - Standard Issue
    3sixteen - CT 100

Both American made with proprietary selvedge Japanese denim. These fits have a higher rise, roomy thighs and tapper below the knee. Both companies provide measurements on their websites. Rogue Territory has the edge on build quality and attention to detail but the denim used by 3sixteen is incredibly soft off the rack. You can't go wrong with either brand.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    On the other end of the spectrum Levi’s 541’s have worked well. For me I either have to size up two sizes (34->38) in slim fit and tailor the waist or go with 541’s. I have had to size up in 541’s once, probably just due to variation in sizing due to their QA. I’ll be checking out these other companies though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    dearborn denim and Lucky's work for me, but I also have huge calves and generally need to wear straight fit jeans. Anything tapered is usually too tight on the calves and/or thighs... haven't found much that works with both. The Lucky's 441 athletic comes closest there.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Banana Republic has an "Athletic Tapered" fit that is roomy in the seat & thighs and tapers down to a slim ankle. They mostly sell stretch jeans, not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dappertert View Post
    Banana Republic has an "Athletic Tapered" fit that is roomy in the seat & thighs and tapers down to a slim ankle. They mostly sell stretch jeans, not sure if that's what you're looking for.
    I just ordered these in rapid movement denim and travelers pants. In my normal waist size they were like wearing leggings. The taper is pretty aggressive and leg opening was smaller than the slim cut jeans.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Its tough man. When you're not a natural fit the end fit is WAYYYYY different than the first fresh OTR fit. I mean, pretty much everything but the length changes when you wear the a dozen times. Holy Hell and that's before you wash them. I've had pretty good luck with BR slim fit and Old Navy slim jeans for men, none of their stretch stuff. Its so hard to commit to a pair of jeans when your package is printing, but you have to take it on faith that they will stretch out.
    I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2073 Post(s)
    The jeans I wear most now are a pair of BR athletic fit. I’ve got a 31” waist and 26” thighs. My BR are size 33”.
    Ben

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    The jeans I wear most now are a pair of BR athletic fit. I’ve got a 31” waist and 26” thighs. My BR are size 33”.
    Actual 31" waist? And wear a vanity-sized 33 waist in the BR athletic? Heavily tailored I guess?

I have an actual 33" waist and 24" thighs. Can wear some vanity-sized 31s, but almost always buy 32s. Athletic tapered in 32 was a total no-go for me. Too slim in both the thigh and calf.

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2073 Post(s)
    Not tailored at all. They fit fine held up with a belt.
    Ben