Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncf05 View Post
    Here is a suit supply one I found on ebay that I can cop for 150
    https://imgur.com/a/XHdyh8I

it looks nice, but idk if its worth 110 more than the camel brooks brothers I posterd earlier
    Those look like pretty different jackets to me - the SuitSupply one looks more like a natural linen, summery jacket. Hard to tell from just that one picture, but it seems like an apples and oranges comparison. They both seem like nice jackets - I'd go with the one you like. (And with the Brooks Brothers one, it's hard to go too far wrong for $30...)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    sorry for all the blazer post but im slowing building my wardrobe up

just saw this, the white one, and im kind of drawn to it. like a lot. But, I fucking HATE all the other colors. Is this something I could pull off similar to the pictures for a date night/work outfit

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    How much of a faux pas is a black coat coat with brown shoes? I know that people generally recommend charcoal/navy for overcoats (perhaps for this very reason), but black is what I have right now...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    How much of a faux pas is a black coat coat with brown shoes? I know that people generally recommend charcoal/navy for overcoats (perhaps for this very reason), but black is what I have right now...
    Overcoats are expensive so one often has to compromise. If you only have one, charcoal is a more versatile option, but many people wear black. It’s not as elegant as it could be, but in the great catalog of sartorial faux pas, it’s minor infraction. I wouldn’t worry about it until your coat wears out and you need to replace it.