Page 212 of 222 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2214

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colby View Post
    What's a good source for solid, affordable knit ties? I used to like The Tie Bar's options, but they're all too narrow now. I'm a bulkier guy and can't really rock a tie less than 2.5 in. wide.
    You could try Chipp Neckwear. Pretty sure they have silk knits and I think they're 2.75in or 3in. Definitely wider than 2.5 though. I haven't tried their knits, but I have a grenadine from them and it's awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You will probably find wider knit ties more easily used online on on eBay.
    Buy cheap... wear well... SplurgeFrugal.com

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    I love Chipp, but not a fan of their knit ties, which are thin and flimsy. The best knit ties I have are from Kamakura or Fort Belvedere, but neither are cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Regarding Spier & Mackay, anyone have any experience with both the super 110s essential suit and super 120s core suit? If so, can you explain the difference? Thanks!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonD View Post
    Regarding Spier & Mackay, anyone have any experience with both the super 110s essential suit and super 120s core suit? If so, can you explain the difference? Thanks!
    I've never noticed those terms before, but after some research I see what you're referring to. The basic difference I beleive is just the material, that the 120s cloth is a finer cloth (hense 120s vs 110s). I'm certain they are all made in the same factory with the same patterns, although the 120s, being a newer model, may have underdgone slight tweaks to improve the fit (?).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Any recommendations on good, leather flip flops/sandals? Been a while since I bought s pair, and back then, Rainbows were the choice.

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2080 Post(s)
    Chaco makes leather flip flops now... last time I spent much time in flip flops, Chaco Flips were my favorite by far, and virtually indestructible.

Olukai is another brand I see at sporting good stores that looks pretty high quality and "luxurious" as far as flip flops go, though I have no experience with them.

I think both of these brands will probably have more "structure" and be somewhat more durable than Rainbows, though they will also be priced a bit higher.
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would second the recommendation for Olukai. I own two pair and have no complaints with either of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Howdy gents, I'm looking to buy a few casual (collared) shirts to wear on the weekends and wanted to hear your recommendations for high quality and affordable brands to check out. Thanks in advance!

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1076 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MexAggie12 View Post
    Howdy gents, I'm looking to buy a few casual (collared) shirts to wear on the weekends and wanted to hear your recommendations for high quality and affordable brands to check out. Thanks in advance!
    What's your price range? Affordable varies for us all. Spier & Mackay has been my go to but they seem to be lacking casual shirts as of late. Seems like the next few weeks should have some new drops though. I've honestly only bought their shirts for the past 2-3 years so cannot comment on other brands. People seem to like J Crew and Banana Republic as well and the frequent sales help.