Page 204 of 206 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206 LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2052

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)
    I would never wear something as tight as compression pants with nothing on top. By the way, compression gear has not really proven to have any real benefits for performance. The study was done by Nike. I only wear compression gear for BJJ to avoid mat burn and for more skin coverage for no gi.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by julius12 View Post
    I would never wear something as tight as compression pants with nothing on top. By the way, compression gear has not really proven to have any real benefits for performance. The study was done by Nike. I only wear compression gear for BJJ to avoid mat burn and for more skin coverage for no gi.
    I've seen a study somewhere, I want to say from england?, that they don't actually aid the workout but they help the post workout. The increased blood flow is supposed to help get the lactic acid build up moving so you don't spend as much time being sore

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Personally I'd wear a pair of shorts overtop of them at the gym. If I was out for a run, I'd probably just wear them as is. But I would NOT do that if they were white.
    Alright, thanks. Would you wear anything underneath them?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    247 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yossil View Post
    TUX Jacket with black dress pants from another suit

Can I wear a tuxedo jacket with black dress pants for a black tie wedding event ?
    I feel a full on tux might be too much

Also if I wear the jacket ( https://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/even...ngwear_Package) can I wear a skinny tie instead of a bowtie ?
    Sure, you CAN--but do you want to? Usually tux trousers have a satin stripe to match the lapels. But I've done it in a pinch when I didn't have the $$$ to get new trousers. The world won't end.

Same with the skinny tie. Nobody's going to kick you off the social register, most likely. Also, the skinny tie looks somewhat better if it's satin.

But you can buy a bow tie very inexpensively, and I would wear a cheap bow tie over a skinny tie.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Quoted
    917 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yossil View Post
    TUX Jacket with black dress pants from another suit

Can I wear a tuxedo jacket with black dress pants for a black tie wedding event ?
    I feel a full on tux might be too much

Also if I wear the jacket ( https://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/even...ngwear_Package) can I wear a skinny tie instead of a bowtie ?
    Why would a tux be too much when attending a black tie wedding event? If actually black tie, they want you in a tux...?

You can wear a skinny tie if that's your thing, but a bowtie is more traditional. This one is more personal preference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi all,

Does anyone has experience with the wool overcoat from Goodfellow & Co featured today in the main page? I'm worried about the fit and how padded the shoulders might be (returning it is no option, that's why given that it would be my first overcoat it seems like a "safer" bet than more expensive jackets). Just as a reference I wear 34 in SS jackets or 36 in Ludlows, and Target only carries Small (not XS).

Thanks!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    I found out there's a Filson outlet near me, just south of the twin cities and I'm thinking of making a pilgrimage. Are there any specific pieces Filson does really well? I know about the bags, but what about outerwear, sweaters, basics, etc? Is there anything I should specifically seek out and try on?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFdo View Post
    Hi all,

Does anyone has experience with the wool overcoat from Goodfellow & Co featured today in the main page? I'm worried about the fit and how padded the shoulders might be (returning it is no option, that's why given that it would be my first overcoat it seems like a "safer" bet than more expensive jackets). Just as a reference I wear 34 in SS jackets or 36 in Ludlows, and Target only carries Small (not XS).

Thanks!
    If returning is not an option, I would pass on Goodfellow. Too many instances where there are major sizing variances.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    I found out there's a Filson outlet near me, just south of the twin cities and I'm thinking of making a pilgrimage. Are there any specific pieces Filson does really well? I know about the bags, but what about outerwear, sweaters, basics, etc? Is there anything I should specifically seek out and try on?
    I have the waxed Mile Marker jacket and think it’s a good, lightweight version of a Barbour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

AE Quality Control

Need some Allen Edmonds quality control. Just purchased a pair of first quality 5th Aves. There is significant staining on the tongue under each eyelet. The sole has signs of wear along the toe. Is this expected or should I send them back for a different pair? Seems like one shoe is pristine and the other has the problems.