Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Underwear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Underwear

My wife has always given me crap about my underwear, so I thought I'd take a look around to see if I could find some higher quality options. I prefer briefs, and since I don't want to different underwear options for different activities, I'd prefer to find some that fall towards the moisture wicking side to be more conducive to working out. I wouldn't mind them being halfway decent looking either to appease the wife (she is not a fan of the multi-pack Hanes briefs that I buy from Target).

Somehow ran across a company called Tommyjohns.com. They look like they have some good options, but they are ~$40 for one. I'd assume I'd need at least 8 or pairs, so I really don't want to spend $350 on underwear. My search for underwear has never ventured outside of the underwear aisle at Target, so I am completely in the dark. What are some good options that will suit my needs?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Duluth Trading Company. Armachillo and Buck Naked for me.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    I'm a boxer brief guy, but really like Mack Weldon underwear. They have briefs as well. I use these for regular wear (vs. athletic use), and use your normal underarmor, etc. for gym when I'm in shorts that don't have a built-in liner.

I've also hear a lot of people swear by meundies. Have yet to try them out.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)
    I use ExOfficio's Give N Go Boxer Briefs and am a big fan. They retail for $25, but can be found on Amazon for under $15 pretty frequently.
    Last edited by wsupjs; October 8th, 2018 at 01:20 PM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    521 Post(s)
    I found a bunch of Tommy Johns on sale at Nordstrom rack awhile back and I love the horizontal fly. And the way they fit. But they are so damn expensive. The TJ's are getting old and some starting to wear out, so I purchased another brand, MoFiz, from Amazon which are 95% bamboo and 5% spandex--never heard of them, but they are the highest rated on Amazon, so I gave them a try. Very comfortable and a reasonable price.

But the normal vertical fly is a pain to use. Which means I sometimes need to unbuckle my belt and open my trousers a bit to take care of business--which I don't like doing.

Other than that, I really like the bamboo fabric. Very soft and comfortable. I have not yet work them to work out in, so not sure about how they would work there.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    What I really want is for someone to capitalize on my brilliant idea for underwear: Boxer briefs with a long leg that is made from some kind of synthetic so they stretch but don't ride up or lose shape over time, and crotch/butt section that is made from some kind of natural fiber or blend (merino? bamboo? silk?) so they are soft and comfy on your junk and don't hold onto stank like synthetics do.

SERIOUSLY SOMEBODY MAKE THIS NOW PLEASE.
    Ben

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    I've also hear a lot of people swear by meundies. Have yet to try them out.
    I don't care for MeUndies. They are too soft and stretchy for me - the boxer brief legs stretch out and bunch up like crazy. The briefs are also a bit loosey goosey for my taste.

I really like my Mack Weldon airknit briefs but don't like the 18 hour jersey ones, which seem to be cut slightly different and tend to ride up awkwardly in the rear. I've been tempted to try their new long leg boxer briefs.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)
    Have really enjoyed Kirkland boxer briefs but I'm in a moderate climate so take that for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Uniqlo
    We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Polo