Page 172 of 180 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1797

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    seiko 5 comes to mind - perhaps SNKL41 ? - but worth looking around because there are so many versions of the 5. Could get alternate straps plus the watch within your budget...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Not quite style related, but y'all are smart cookies: can I get an optometrist to fit prescription lenses for any pair of frames I want? There's a pair of Warby Parker frames I love that are cheap on eBay with the demo lenses fitted.
    You can, and I have done this in the past, but they don't much like it as the mark up on frames is absurd and it's where they make their cash.
    Donít call what your wearing an outfit. Donít ever say your car is broke.
    Donít sing with a fake British accent. Donít act like your familyís a joke.
    --Jason Isbell

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Warren View Post
    Looking for suggestions for a slightly smaller (maybe 38mm) alternative to the Orient Bambino with the white dial. Around the same price range, around$150-$250, would be nice. Any tips?
    This thread on Watchuseek has some possibilities: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/loo...w-4508951.html

What features / design are you looking for other than 38mm? Definitely white dial?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ELNJ View Post
    This thread on Watchuseek has some possibilities: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/loo...w-4508951.html

What features / design are you looking for other than 38mm? Definitely white dial?
    Thanks, I like the Rodina R005GB and Sea-Gull D51 recommended in that thread. As for features, nothing too specific I am really just looking for something with a white face that I can use as a more formal/dress watch - I only have a black dial 42mm Hamilton Khaki Field and a navy dial 41mm Orient aviator/flight watch right now.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Warren View Post
    Thanks, I like the Rodina R005GB and Sea-Gull D51 recommended in that thread. As for features, nothing too specific I am really just looking for something with a white face that I can use as a more formal/dress watch - I only have a black dial 42mm Hamilton Khaki Field and a navy dial 41mm Orient aviator/flight watch right now.
    For a bit more, I also really like the look of the Seiko SARB035. Dial is off white (and looks quite creamy in some product shots) but if you look for real-world shots you'll see it looks pretty white much of the time. 38mm case, sapphire crystal, good Seiko movement. (All of those are true of my Seiko Alpinist, which I love, but that's green!)

A bit more money than your price range, though you could keep an eye out for a used one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Good morning all,

I'm looking to build the base of an interchangeable classic style wardrobe; I'm on a very limited budget. Where do you suggest I buy from, or what are some decent quality trousers on a budget? Looking to get a pair of Navy and a pair of Grey trousers. I've been looking at Land's End Year-Rounders.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/help!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Keune View Post
    Good morning all,

I'm looking to build the base of an interchangeable classic style wardrobe; I'm on a very limited budget. Where do you suggest I buy from, or what are some decent quality trousers on a budget? Looking to get a pair of Navy and a pair of Grey trousers. I've been looking at Land's End Year-Rounders.

I would head to the local mall and hit places like J.Cew Factory, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Land's End, The Gap, Nordstrom Rack, etc. Fit and comfort are king, so try on everything that interests you and choose the items that fit the best and are super comfortable that are within your price range. I really like the J.Crew Bowery Slim Fit wool trousers, but the Land's end Year-Rounders are nice too.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quoted
    842 Post(s)
    Good morning all,

Joe has done a good job of covering this sort of topic. Here's link to the start of building up a wardrobe. Conduct a search of the rest of the site will take you to the other parts: https://dappered.com/2016/11/the-150...suits-blazers/

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ELNJ View Post
    For a bit more, I also really like the look of the Seiko SARB035. Dial is off white (and looks quite creamy in some product shots) but if you look for real-world shots you'll see it looks pretty white much of the time. 38mm case, sapphire crystal, good Seiko movement. (All of those are true of my Seiko Alpinist, which I love, but that's green!)

A bit more money than your price range, though you could keep an eye out for a used one.
    Thanks, I definitely like the look of the face of the SARB035 and would obviously prefer a Seiko over those other brands. There's a SARB035 getting a lot of action on ebay right now that's at $150, so maybe I can get lucky and snag a used one in my price range.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    253 Post(s)
    Good morning all,

Unless you have an immediate and pressing need (like a new job) read and research before you buy. Then wait. Make a plan, preferably on paper. Read and research some more. And then buy slowly, one piece at a time, looking for the best deals to fill out the items on your list.

Everyone makes newbie mistakes. Going slowly with a lot of research and a plan is the best way to stretch your budget.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk