Page 222 of 226 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2258

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

  1. #2211
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Eastern U.S.
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncf05 View Post
    Here is a suit supply one I found on ebay that I can cop for 150
    https://imgur.com/a/XHdyh8I

    it looks nice, but idk if its worth 110 more than the camel brooks brothers I posterd earlier
    Those look like pretty different jackets to me - the SuitSupply one looks more like a natural linen, summery jacket. Hard to tell from just that one picture, but it seems like an apples and oranges comparison. They both seem like nice jackets - I'd go with the one you like. (And with the Brooks Brothers one, it's hard to go too far wrong for $30...)

  2. #2212
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    sorry for all the blazer post but im slowing building my wardrobe up

    just saw this, the white one, and im kind of drawn to it. like a lot. But, I fucking HATE all the other colors. Is this something I could pull off similar to the pictures for a date night/work outfit

  3. #2213
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    170
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    How much of a faux pas is a black coat coat with brown shoes? I know that people generally recommend charcoal/navy for overcoats (perhaps for this very reason), but black is what I have right now...

  4. #2214
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    860
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    How much of a faux pas is a black coat coat with brown shoes? I know that people generally recommend charcoal/navy for overcoats (perhaps for this very reason), but black is what I have right now...
    Overcoats are expensive so one often has to compromise. If you only have one, charcoal is a more versatile option, but many people wear black. It’s not as elegant as it could be, but in the great catalog of sartorial faux pas, it’s minor infraction. I wouldn’t worry about it until your coat wears out and you need to replace it.

  5. #2215
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Got myself a cheap-and-cheerful velvet blazer for holiday parties, one at work, one at a home. Both are probably in the ballpark of smart-casual


    Could I wear this with a polo shirt? A white one? Would a deep navy one look good?
    Also, I think medium grey pants would be good, but chinos or wool trousers?

  6. #2216
    Super Moderator DocDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    3,937
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1516 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewrg View Post
    Got myself a cheap-and-cheerful velvet blazer for holiday parties, one at work, one at a home. Both are probably in the ballpark of smart-casual


    Could I wear this with a polo shirt? A white one? Would a deep navy one look good?
    Also, I think medium grey pants would be good, but chinos or wool trousers?
    Now that's pretty cool. Perfect for the holiday season.

  7. #2217
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    860
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewrg View Post
    Could I wear this with a polo shirt? A white one? Would a deep navy one look good?
    Also, I think medium grey pants would be good, but chinos or wool trousers?
    A polo wouldn't work with velvet. The contrast would be too jarring. The photo is styled correctly. The jacket needs a white dress shirt, dark wool trousers and black shoes. You could try a charcoal turtleneck.

  8. #2218
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Somewhere in NJ
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewrg View Post
    Could I wear this with a polo shirt? A white one? Would a deep navy one look good?
    Also, I think medium grey pants would be good, but chinos or wool trousers?
    I think either a white or a black turtleneck would work with that. It's a bit of a departure from the traditional button shirt look, but personally I like the blazer-turtleneck combo.

    If you google something like "how to wear a burgundy blazer" you will find all sorts of ideas on their image search.

  9. #2219
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    what jacket would you get? i have a winter top coat. and i have a columbia bubble jacket. Thinking of picking up a 3rd since i live in very cold weather climate

    this j crew insulated blazer seems interesting

    https://imgur.com/a/wAuaAyK

    or a j crew parka

    https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_categor..._name=navy-sea
    Last edited by ncf05; January 13th, 2020 at 01:17 PM.

  10. #2220
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,843
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1095 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncf05 View Post
    what jacket would you get? i have a winter top coat. and i have a columbia bubble jacket. Thinking of picking up a 3rd since i live in very cold weather climate

    this j crew insulated blazer seems interesting

    https://imgur.com/a/wAuaAyK

    or a j crew parka

    https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_categor..._name=navy-sea
    I'd go with parka as it seems more versatile.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •