Page 111 of 218 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2180

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought these Strands (see three pictures) from Nordstrom. The leather near the laces on left shoe doesn't look great, but I'm wondering if it's worth mailing back to exchange (I know it's free returns, but might the next pair have slight imperfections somewhere else?). People have told me it's not really noticeable, especially with pant legs, but when I opened the box, I noticed right away. I've never had AEs before (so excited!) so I'm not sure if this is "2nds quality" or if this is normal and I should keep them?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    I remember seeing on the main page a couple weeks ago that AE seconds were available to purchase online (and not have to call/email). Are they still? I can't seem to find it anywhere and the old Shoebank site still seems operational.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phatte View Post
    I remember seeing on the main page a couple weeks ago that AE seconds were available to purchase online (and not have to call/email). Are they still? I can't seem to find it anywhere and the old Shoebank site still seems operational.
    Sometimes the main AE site puts their seconds on sale on their regular site. It only happens a few times a year and it is not commonplace. If you want 2nds, your best bet is shoebank.com and going thru the call/email process.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    283 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sskim3 View Post
    Sometimes the main AE site puts their seconds on sale on their regular site. It only happens a few times a year and it is not commonplace. If you want 2nds, your best bet is shoebank.com and going thru the call/email process.
    So the "clearance" items on the main AE site are seconds? That's quite a large selection.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline..._subcategory__

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theplayerking View Post
    So the "clearance" items on the main AE site are seconds? That's quite a large selection.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline..._subcategory__
    No - for both first and seconds, AE distinguishes between "closeout styles" (generally models or colors they aren't making any more) and "current styles". The closeout/clearance styles are cheaper, and generally a style that is both a closeout *and* a factory second can be quite a good deal.

Just to add my two cents, although Joe on the main site always labels buying AE seconds as a "gamble", I have yet to receive a pair where I could tell why they were seconds. And twice I've returned pairs (only for fit, not quality), and neither time have I been charged the $10 restocking fee. So for me, it's been a great way to get quality shoes without paying as much.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)
    And to add to everybody's contribution, that seconds sale on allenedmonds.com a bunch of weeks ago used a special temporary sale section that was only for seconds. Otherwise, you can only get seconds from shoebank.com or from the outlet stores.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Someone had a post about corduroys and that got me thinking about cords, how much I loved them before I knew more about clothes, and many other things.
    Question(s): Where is a good place to buy corduroys? I like a bit of taper at the ankle and it seems all the cords I ever see are straight legged.

2nd question: What do you wear with your corduroys, if you wear them at all? My sister gives me flack for wearing cords and sees them as about as acceptable as sweatpants to wear outside of the house. Does anyone wear corduroys with a sportcoat? I've never had a pair since graduating college, possibly high school, so I wanted to hear what people thought.
    Thanks!

Edit: Also I'm aware that the amount of whales on a pair of pants effects whether the material is more formal.
    Last edited by Cfred371; August 11th, 2015 at 01:38 PM. Reason: To add what I already know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just found this place -- I need some advice, and have no idea where to start.

Wedding this weekend (of course, it's always last minute). Wearing light grey windowpane slacks. AE Strands in walnut with matching belt. What kind of jacket do I wear? I need to buy one (all I have are suit jackets and none of them are appropriate). Wedding is not formal at all.

Will be going to Nordstrom Rack, Jos A Bank (I know, but...). Would like to keep the price under $200.

I've been told no jacket (but the wedding is in SF, I think I need one if nothign else to offer to my wife).

I've been told to wear a navy blazer.

Are there any other options? Help me Obi-Wan(s), you're my only hope.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    283 Post(s)
    Solid navy would be the safest. It’s a classic and will match a patterned trouser. Avoid brass buttons if you can.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I'm getting some formal wear stuff together, and I'm not into the whole tux thing... Can anyone give me a fair review of this jacket? ASOS Skinny fit in velvet

http://us.asos.com/ASOS-Skinny-Fit-B...Wx2ZXQvcHJvZC8.