Results 2,071 to 2,074 of 2074

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFdo View Post
    Hi all,

Does anyone has experience with the wool overcoat from Goodfellow & Co featured today in the main page? I'm worried about the fit and how padded the shoulders might be (returning it is no option, that's why given that it would be my first overcoat it seems like a "safer" bet than more expensive jackets). Just as a reference I wear 34 in SS jackets or 36 in Ludlows, and Target only carries Small (not XS).

Thanks!
    Probably too late to help but I've got the Goodfellow wool overcoat. I think it's a good buy for $79. The shoulders are padded but not heavily. I'm a 40 in SS and most other brands and the Medium fits me just about perfectly. Tough call on whether the Small would be small enough for a 34/36 though. Why is returning it not an option for you? Target's usually good about returns.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)
    Can anyone recommend a good sweater brush or comb? I recently thrifted a POLO cashmere sweater, and the thing is pilling itself to death, especially in the armpits. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good sweater brush or comb? I recently thrifted a POLO cashmere sweater, and the thing is pilling itself to death, especially in the armpits. Thanks!
    For cashmere, you'll want a pig bristle brush or at least a softer bristle that is specifically meant for cashmere. Do not use a brush that is not meant for cashmere as you're asking for trouble. Brand doesn't matter, I suggest googling around for something that won't break the bank as cashmere-specific accessories can cost more than a cashmere sweater.

As for the pilling, no brush is going to fix that if it's severe. Set aside an hour of your life, grab a razor blade and tweezers, and *carefully* remove the pills from the surface one by one by lightly pulling the pill off the surface with the tweezers and then shearing it off with the blade. It's a zen experience and once you're done you'll actually have an even softer sweater.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quick question that will probably open up pandora's box, but as a recent transplant to Minnesota, how do I found a jacket that will keep me warm in sub-zero temps that doesn't make me look like I'm climbing Mt Everest? I recently bought a Fjallraven Greenland Winter Jacket and gave it a whirl when it was 15 degrees and it didn't hold up at all (with a cotton henley and merino sweater underneath). I'd really like the waxed canvas, workwear style jackets both aesthetically and functionally (I do a lot of woodworking and manual stuff around the house). Here's a couple of inspiration photos I dug up (Fjallraven greenland and Patagonia maple grove, respectively).

http://www.fjallravenasia.com/media/...8/F81434_1.jpg

https://i2.wp.com/magazinetsport.se/...0/img_7463.jpg

Thanks in advance guys.