Page 9 of 222 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    No idea on the sleeve length. I hate when they do that. It's a way for them to hide the actual fit so that nobody can really say it's too long or too short for them. Very clever.

I'm grabbing one or two of these for sure this weekend. I like the seersucker and this one.

Quote Originally Posted by mjn082 View Post
    I've been wanting a short sleeve popover for the season and my self imposed 30 day no spend ends this weekend. Particularly eyeing this one: https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...2994/A2994.jsp but the oxford cloth ones look sharp too. My question: In all the JC pictures online & print catalog the short sleeves are rolled. Where does the natural sleeve actually hit? I'm not sure I want to do the whole Fonz roll my short sleeves look, but don't want a short sleeve that hits my elbows either. Thanks!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    @Duvel if you pick your's up this weekend post an update on the sleeves if you have a chance. I'll take a chance (acutally already clicked checkout on the indigo one) on it but won't get mine for about two weeks. Thanks....

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    @mjn082, will do. I'm wearing a little more relaxed shirt these days. I'm going to larges instead of mediums in J. Crew shirts these days--I just feel more relaxed in them. Maybe I'll also add some pics.

I'll probably purchase online tomorrow or Saturday, so I won't have mine until next week sometime.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    I am digging this as well: https://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/N...ead_m_sweaters

However, my question to you all collectively is this: How in the world can any customer tell how something fits when it's pasted to a model whose physique obviously is either extremely bizarre or manipulated in photo editing processes?

Look at where his pants waist and crotch are compared to where the sweater falls on his torso. This is impossible. That, or the dude is a freak.
    Last edited by Duvel; June 19th, 2014 at 08:53 PM.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    I usually don't like shawl sweaters but that one isn't bad.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjn082 View Post
    FYI it's included in this weekend's JC 30% off promo....
    Yep, ordered mine yesterday morning at the start of the sale, looks like it will be here Monday. Also grabbed one of the rugby stripe tee's and a pieced pocket tee, but only planning on keeping one, maybe...we'll see how the horizontal striping fairs with my midsection. Digging the indigo one you linked, though I'm not a huge fan of all the chest flap pockets JC seems to be putting on everything these days.

@Duvel, yeah the seersucker one was catching my eye as well, but I think I prefer it in the short-sleeve full button-up option.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dackman View Post
    Had some birthday scratch to spend so picked up this oxford cloth popover from J. Crew.

I'm new to the popover look, and since the majority of my closet seems to be owned by OCBD's in various forms of blue, I didn't think this was much of a stretch. Polo's have never really been my thing, I only own a couple but mainly wear with shorts during the summer. My question is this, obviously I can wear this very casually, and when I say that I mean untucked with shorts/chinos/denim, but can it be pulled off tucked in for a casual summer day in the office with mid-gray/khaki/stone chino's with CDB's or Sperry's?
    I've seen the popover trend grow over the past year or two but have hesitated to pick one up myself. I am kind of warming to them though. I guess it like a polo but in a different fabric.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)
    I am digging this as well: https://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/N...ead_m_sweaters

However, my question to you all collectively is this: How in the world can any customer tell how something fits when it's pasted to a model whose physique obviously is either extremely bizarre or manipulated in photo editing processes?

Look at where his pants waist and crotch are compared to where the sweater falls on his torso. This is impossible. That, or the dude is a freak.
    I have a couple of JC cardigans and they all hit right at my waist or a little lower. I tend to wear somewhat low rise pants. (eg. Levi's 511, JC 484, JC Urban Slim)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

Really like the cardigan. Wish they had it in more colors.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Yeah. The color is good for summer, but I'd prefer navy for year-round wear. Might have to keep an eye on this to go on sale.