Page 98 of 227 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    Cotton on cotton is fine. If you're worried about contrast, why not switch the shirt's material instead? A nice linen shirt is going to give you a cool, slightly rumpled look.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    737 Post(s)
    when wearing brown leather boat shoes, should the leathers (belt, watch strap), all match?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    If you're wearing leather, I'd avoid black, but that's as much as I would worry about it.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1107 Post(s)
    I am in the camp of watch strap never having to match the belt or shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    I am in the camp of watch strap never having to match the belt or shoes.
    I'll set my tent up next to yours. For my dressier watch I wear to work sometimes I'll have it match my belt/shoes, but it's rarely intentional.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    I've never understood how it's possible to always match shoes to watch strap. I own shoes in black, dark brown, light brown, dark reddish brown [mahogany], medium reddish brown, two shades of burgundy [one redder, one more purple], navy, and olive-green leather, and in chocolate, grey, and caramel suede. I own two leather watches (one with a dark brown strap, one with a light brown one). No doubt some people own more varieties of leather watch than they do leather shoe. In either case, you're sometimes going to want to wear a watch or shoe for which you just don't have the matching item.

I own six leather belts, so I can usually get close to matching with them, but the same problem crops up with the navy, grey, and green shoes.

Unless one's resources are unlimited, how is this avoidable?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    737 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srlclark View Post
    I've never understood how it's possible to always match shoes to watch strap. I own shoes in black, dark brown, light brown, dark reddish brown [mahogany], medium reddish brown, two shades of burgundy [one redder, one more purple], navy, and olive-green leather, and in chocolate, grey, and caramel suede. I own two leather watches (one with a dark brown strap, one with a light brown one). No doubt some people own more varieties of leather watch than they do leather shoe. In either case, you're sometimes going to want to wear a watch or shoe for which you just don't have the matching item.

I own six leather belts, so I can usually get close to matching with them, but the same problem crops up with the navy, grey, and green shoes.

Unless one's resources are unlimited, how is this avoidable?
    i pretty much just have brown/black. really, any shade of brown goes with dark brown watch band. i do have a light brown for my walnut strands, but its not needed. having your own spring bar tool set helps for swapping bands around.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I think it's more a matter of matching shades as Scofield has said. Imo, black leather should always be matched with black leather, but most shades of brown can be worn together.

Colours like green/navy/grey leather are more suited to be worn with brown than with black.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celimos View Post
    I think it's more a matter of matching shades as Scofield has said. Imo, black leather should always be matched with black leather, but most shades of brown can be worn together.

Colours like green/navy/grey leather are more suited to be worn with brown than with black.
    This is the camp I'm in as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone tried the Stafford Linen Cotton sportcoat?

Fully lined and 'classic fit', unfortunately. But today they are only $45 after 25% off with code MYFAMILY!