Page 97 of 223 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone have experience with Ownonly.com? Saw them while perusing earlier today but couldn't find genuine reviews on the web.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    Can anyone recommend a good thrift store on the Philadelphia Main Line? I'm in western MontCo, and I can't seem to find anything worthwhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good thrift store on the Philadelphia Main Line? I'm in western MontCo, and I can't seem to find anything worthwhile.
    I live in central Montco. There are plenty. My wife and I have a route up 309. Start in North Wales/Montgomeryville. There is an impact and a 2nd ave there that are both very good. Then head north. I believe there are 2 goodwills, some christian thrift shop in Souderton, and a pretty good salvation army all the way up in Quakertown. For eastern Montco, the bryn mawr hospital thrift shop has some ok things. The men's section in the norristown impact is tiny. The best impact is the one in Bensalem.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kurn View Post
    I live in central Montco. There are plenty. My wife and I have a route up 309. Start in North Wales/Montgomeryville. There is an impact and a 2nd ave there that are both very good. Then head north. I believe there are 2 goodwills, some christian thrift shop in Souderton, and a pretty good salvation army all the way up in Quakertown. For eastern Montco, the bryn mawr hospital thrift shop has some ok things. The men's section in the norristown impact is tiny. The best impact is the one in Bensalem.
    Thanks for the tips!

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1090 Post(s)
    Anyone think this jacket has a chance to become a 3-2 roll? It is a possible eBay but but I am thinking the jacket is stuck in its old 3 button stance forever.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    403 Post(s)
    I have read that converting a 3 to a 3 2 roll is not really possible with any jacket. I think it was on style forum. You could just button the middle button, even if the top button isn't on the lapel.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    It looks stuck to me, so I wouldn't chance it. Unless the jacket is stupidly cheap, that is. Then why not give it a try?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1090 Post(s)
    @ryn Thanks! I have a 3 button jacket I like but would like some more roll so it was more of a 2 button jacket on this one. Sucks too as it is 100% Cashmere, PRL, made by Corneliani. More will come around I suppose.

Link for anyone interested (no affiliation): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polo-by-Ralp...item2a4f2cea12

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sean_anon View Post
    Debating between styles of a coat for the winter (I like to consider stuff off season on EBAY).

95% for Business Casual

Topcoat

http://www.ebay.com/itm/J-Crew-Mayfa...-/291066102832

Carcoat

http://epauletnewyork.com/products/w...-car-coat-grey

Is it easier to dress down the Topcoat to business casual or dress up the carcoat to occasionally wear over a suit or sportcoat?
    I wear a topcoat almost exclusively in the Winter. It's so much easier to dress that down that a car coat up. It's classic and simple. Can't go wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Newbie here. Really like the forums, so much great advice! Quick question for you guys… I have a "smart casual" party to attend coming up. I just got a pair of navy summer weight chinos from J Crew. I was going to pair them with a white button down and medium gray cotton blazer. Can I wear a cotton blazer with chinos or is cotton on top of cotton a no-no…do I need a linen blazer or some other material for contrast? Thanks!