Page 89 of 227 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Looking at getting a new suit this year. Rarely wear suits so I'm only looking at getting one for now. Navy or Grey? Considering doing a 3 piece simply because it adds another element to a single suit.

Best site/store to utilize to purchase (not looking to spend a ton, just wondering what a lot of peoples go to place is)?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)
    How much not a ton are you looking for? Suit Supply is the standard answer, starting at $400.

Also, for your only suit, I say Navy, it's slightly more versatile than grey.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    How much not a ton are you looking for? Suit Supply is the standard answer, starting at $400.

Also, for your only suit, I say Navy, it's slightly more versatile than grey.
    I wouldn't want to go over $400-500 most likely since I don't wear them for work or have too many occasions that call for it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)
    For a suit you don't plan on wearing terribly often, you might want to look at the JC Penny Claiborne Sharkskin suits if you can find them in store (they're apparently discontinued?) or the J Crew Thompson suits which are a bit cheaper.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    I had an Alfani Red from Macy's that I had for a long time. Trim Fit, Slim Flat Front pants. With minor alterations to smooth the back between the shoulder blades and suppress the waist, it was a phenomenal suit. $225 for the suit + extra pair of pants + tailoring. I got the suit on clearance.. many complements.

Only reason I don't have it any more: I purchased it when I was very sick (6-7 year duration) and when I finally got better, I gained 40lbs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    After reading the article about the experience of Suit Supply...a drive to Atlanta may end up being in order...but I'm definitely going to check out the JCP, the J Crew, and the Macy's options as well.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    At that price, I'd look at Spier & Mackay. Their stock is a little depleted right now, but I think spring/summer is supposed to be out soon. I've loved everything I've owned from them (although I'll caution you that they don't vanity size--adjust accordingly).

Also, I agree that navy > grey if you're to own just one suit. Just IMHO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vespertiliovir View Post
    At that price, I'd look at Spier & Mackay. Their stock is a little depleted right now, but I think spring/summer is supposed to be out soon. I've loved everything I've owned from them (although I'll caution you that they don't vanity size--adjust accordingly).

Also, I agree that navy > grey if you're to own just one suit. Just IMHO.
    I will check them out.

Looking for something that will work all seasons. Redoing my wardrobe somewhat this year, still have quite a few things that just aren't quite my style compared to what I thought looked ok a few years back.

Probably will go navy first and follow up with a grey latter this year if I feel like it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Just got an email from them for their Essential Suits. Haven't checked the site but I think they may be in stock again.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Looking to purchase 4 canvas duffel bags / weekenders for my groomsmen for my wedding next January. I know I have some time, but I'd rather get this out of the way. Was hoping for Gustin to have one available, but doesn't seem to be a current product offering. Any other recommendations similar to this (https://www.weargustin.com/store/911)? Looking to keep price <$150 each.