Page 83 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)
    Park Ave and shine it up really well before you go out. It's a very versatile shoe. If you want to get a little fancier, then a black whole cut or plain toe might work.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Can anyone confirm if the Superga 2750 COTU sneaker has a crepe sole? Amazon says it is crepe, which makes me worry it is going to be slick on wet surfaces like a pair of Clarks DBs I had that had a crepe sole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Anyone have any suggestions for a good looking steel toed boot? I need some for work in the oil fields of West Texas/New Mexico. I'm in sales, so it's more just to follow the safety regulations of my customers than actually doing any work in them.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshackleford View Post
    I mean the regular Bean boots, but the hunting boots are also a good option?
    I suggest getting a full size down. If you can go to an actual store to try then out, it may save you time. II had to return two pairs before i found my size.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unnamedplayer View Post
    Can anyone confirm if the Superga 2750 COTU sneaker has a crepe sole? Amazon says it is crepe, which makes me worry it is going to be slick on wet surfaces like a pair of Clarks DBs I had that had a crepe sole.
    Its not a crepe sole like on a pair of CBD. Its a hard rubber, it just has some ridges, so maybe that's why they call it crepe?

Last edited by Jamie; January 8th, 2015 at 11:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshackleford View Post
    Quick question on Bean boot sizing/height: I normally wear a 9d but the ball of my foot is pretty wide. I'll probably wear boot socks with them most of the time and I want the option to be able to tuck my pants into the top. Should I still size down or just go with my tts size? Is it worth it to go for the 12" over the 10" because I feel like the 10" is still tall enough to tuck pants but short enough to be convenient to take on and off.
    I got these and listening to LL Bean's sizing advice, I sized down one full size - and they fit beautifully. I normally wear them with thick merino wool socks and they are still comfy. I got the 8" boots and they hit just below the calf, so I think the 10"s will be just fine for tucking.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unnamedplayer View Post
    http://www.superga.co.uk/item/Brand_...60_0_31_1.html

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yodersphinx View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions for a good looking steel toed boot? I need some for work in the oil fields of West Texas/New Mexico. I'm in sales, so it's more just to follow the safety regulations of my customers than actually doing any work in them.
    Thorogood steel toe http://www.theunionbootpro.com/produ...salename=sttoe

Thorogood composite toe http://www.theunionbootpro.com/produ...salename=cptoe