Page 73 of 222 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dackman View Post
    Can't comment on the fit of the Dock, but I have the Bayswater in Large and it fits perfectly, fitted but comfortable. 5'11", 215 lb, also 36x30, 44R in JC and JCF.
    Thanks, just the info I needed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    i have the thinsulate bayswater in small/slim and dock in small and the bayswater fits me perfectly while the dock is a little snug. unless mine are mishaps, i'd be a little concerned that the large on the bayswater may be a little too big if the dock fits well.
    Also good to know. The Dock I tried on in the store was just a tad snug in the chest with a heavy sweater on. It sounds like the Bayswater will be perfect. Is there a way to tell from the tag if a Bayswater is the slim version?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Thanks, just the info I needed!

Also good to know. The Dock I tried on in the store was just a tad snug in the chest with a heavy sweater on. It sounds like the Bayswater will be perfect. Is there a way to tell from the tag if a Bayswater is the slim version?
    Actually now that you mention it, I thought that it was slim, but maybe it's not - I don't see a tag on it, and I don't see it on the email invoice either from when I bought it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Where is a good place to go to get a suit for someone who wears a suit maybe once a year sometimes once every two years.

I want to know my sizes in case I want to purchase another one without guessing, I have never been measured for a clothing item since I was married 10 years ago for my tux.

I would prefer to keep it around $300

Please help

Thanks

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    You can pick up a BR suit on sale for about that much. You can also try the JCrew Factory Thompson suits in that price range. I wear a suit maybe twice a year and I only own 2 BR suits and 1 JCF Thompson. I've often thought I should upgrade to something of higher quality but I just don't wear suits often enough to justify it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    You can pick up a BR suit on sale for about that much. You can also try the JCrew Factory Thompson suits in that price range. I wear a suit maybe twice a year and I only own 2 BR suits and 1 JCF Thompson. I've often thought I should upgrade to something of higher quality but I just don't wear suits often enough to justify it.
    Probably a dumb question, do I just go to a BR an try one on till I find one that fits, do they size and tailor you in store?

I am a Levis and polo type person, dockers for work and polo. I am like a 3 year old when it comes to anything about wearing nice clothes.

Any advice for someone like me

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    At BR you are buying off the rack. Then take it to a tailor yourself to get it altered.

You'll have to try them on yourself and see what fits. I would suggest googling around online to see how to determine the correct fit on a suit. Most of the people that work there won't have a clue and won't be of much help. The condensed version is - Make sure the shoulders fit and you can get other stuff tailored such as shortening sleeves, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Thank you for your help

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    @jackbauer24 Having emailed Madison Los Angeles, they said I missed the return window so there is nothing they can do for me even though it was an error on their end for having mislabeled the boots as male sizing on their website (and inventory I'm guessing as the conformation email showed the same mistake). However, the website said final sale on all sale items, hence the lack of action on my part until I was 100% sure it was their error, and the return window should play no part in this. I understand that they might not be open to accepting returns of worn goods, but not even a discount for me for a mistake on their part? Disappointing.

TL;DR I do not recommend shopping with Madison Los Angeles, and their customer service could be more accommodating

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Can someone identify the gloves and watch in the 12 Days of Dappered: Money Clip post?

The Tumi money clip is pictured with a pair of nice gloves and a great looking watch.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbo View Post
    Where is a good place to go to get a suit for someone who wears a suit maybe once a year sometimes once every two years.

I want to know my sizes in case I want to purchase another one without guessing, I have never been measured for a clothing item since I was married 10 years ago for my tux.

I would prefer to keep it around $300

Please help

Thanks
    Jcrew factory Thompson worsted wool suit:

https://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothing/suiting.jsp

they're onsale right now @ 50% off.