Page 72 of 222 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ISM View Post
    How possible is it to shorten a jacket? Have a Ludlow in a 36R and I should have gotten a 36S. They apparently don't make the jacket anymore, and if they did, the fabric may be from a different mill. Would a tailor be able to make that happen? I wouldn't need too mac chopped to be honest.
    Sorry if you're already past this, but I would definitely confirm that is in fact too long using tip #3 in this older article.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    The J Crew Dock peacoat fits me very well in large, but I would really like the Bayswater for the high armholes and more tapered cut. Can anyone who has experience with both tell me if a large Bayswater will fit similarly to the large Dock? I'm 6' 205 lb, and wear a 42L and 36x30 at J Crew Factory.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)
    I just noticed that many of my packages are being transferred from UPS/ FedEx to the Post Office, and the post office is making deliveries twice a day now. What's the deal with that?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCDR View Post
    I just noticed that many of my packages are being transferred from UPS/ FedEx to the Post Office, and the post office is making deliveries twice a day now. What's the deal with that?
    Just guessing, but it's probably to handle the influx of holiday purchases.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCDR View Post
    I just ordered a watch from J. Crew via UPS/USPS and the post man knocked on my door at 6:55 this morning. WTH lol.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)
    Weird. My USPS came at 3:30 pm and 7:30 pm today.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Anyone have a Tissot Le Locle? If so, are you satisfied?

I've never seen one in person but my tongue rolls out of my mouth when I see pictures. I'm locked in an epic mental battle of need vs. want right now!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    The J Crew Dock peacoat fits me very well in large, but I would really like the Bayswater for the high armholes and more tapered cut. Can anyone who has experience with both tell me if a large Bayswater will fit similarly to the large Dock? I'm 6' 205 lb, and wear a 42L and 36x30 at J Crew Factory.
    Can't comment on the fit of the Dock, but I have the Bayswater in Large and it fits perfectly, fitted but comfortable. 5'11", 215 lb, also 36x30, 44R in JC and JCF.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    been looking at the allen edmonds weybridge since fri. price dropped $2 to $257! think it'll get any lower? It is a closeout style...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    i have the thinsulate bayswater in small/slim and dock in small and the bayswater fits me perfectly while the dock is a little snug. unless mine are mishaps, i'd be a little concerned that the large on the bayswater may be a little too big if the dock fits well.