Page 70 of 226 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    ok, not etting it

thoughts on the allen edmonds weybride in dark brown?

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    It's eye-catching and unique, and if you go to a lot of formal events/wear suits a lot I think it's a nice addition to an already well-rounded collection. It's not something that would be my 4th or 5th shoe, more like an 8th or 9th.

If you'd like to hop on an AE sale, check out some of the GMTO ideas they're considering at SF:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/t...to-thread/4860

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    What do you guys recommend in terms of brand for slim fitting Oxford shirts as well as chinos/pants I can dress up?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_IE/suits...=78&cgid=Suits
    Is this suit too out there for my first suit?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wasbo View Post
    What do you guys recommend in terms of brand for slim fitting Oxford shirts as well as chinos/pants I can dress up?
    Uniqlo OCBDs are a great option. The slim fits are a staple for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shomas View Post
    Uniqlo OCBDs are a great option. The slim fits are a staple for me.
    I really want to try Uniqlo but unfortunately they do not ship to Canada. Yay or nay? It looked good when I tried it on, but I'm not sure how long it'll last.

http://www.zara.com/ca/en/man/blazer...0p2233526.html

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    I really want to try Uniqlo but unfortunately they do not ship to Canada. Yay or nay? It looked good when I tried it on, but I'm not sure how long it'll last.

http://www.zara.com/ca/en/man/blazer...0p2233526.html
    The link sent me to a blazer. However, the oxford shirts I saw on the Zara site look like they have collars that are too small for me and contrasting thread holding the buttons on, which wouldn't be my preference. Those are obviously points of taste, though. If you don't mind the size of the collar and the buttons, and you think the shirt would work for you, give it a shot. I've never seen one in person, so I can't speak to their quality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    The link sent me to a blazer. However, the oxford shirts I saw on the Zara site look like they have collars that are too small for me and contrasting thread holding the buttons on, which wouldn't be my preference. Those are obviously points of taste, though. If you don't mind the size of the collar and the buttons, and you think the shirt would work for you, give it a shot. I've never seen one in person, so I can't speak to their quality.
    Sorry, I should've clarified. I was actually talking about the blazer in my second post. The J crew ludlow navy blazer is looking nice but it's kind of pricey

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Sorry, I should've clarified. I was actually talking about the blazer in my second post. The J crew ludlow navy blazer is looking nice but it's kind of pricey
    That's not terrible. It's pretty basic, which is probably what you're looking for. The one drawback is that this may look like it's an orphaned half of a suit. It's also got slimmer lapels and a shorter length than I'd be into, but that may suit your taste. It may wind up being an item the chief value of which is helping you to dial in your preferences for the next iteration, but at that price it's not too big a risk.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    That's not terrible. It's pretty basic, which is probably what you're looking for. The one drawback is that this may look like it's an orphaned half of a suit. It's also got slimmer lapels and a shorter length than I'd be into, but that may suit your taste. It may wind up being an item the chief value of which is helping you to dial in your preferences for the next iteration, but at that price it's not too big a risk.
    The lapels were a little slimmer, I will give you that but it fit fairly well I'd say. I am going to try on the Ludlow though at some point to see how I like the fit and look of the blazer. I know the Ludlow is constructed better and is made of higher quality material.