Page 6 of 223 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaseousclay View Post
    AE belts scare me. I've read reviews that have stated cracking in the leather. Sounds pretty dodgy to me since their belts tend to retail for $100
    Yeah, I haven't had those issues and they've been worn everyday for almost the past year now.

@Duvel, not a fan of either, but it's not what I usually like to wear anyways. To each their own.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    I hear ya, @Viscious. I don't wear those shirts myself, but I thought I needed something different. Change it up a little without straying from the classics. To me, a good military-styled shirt is still classic looking. It's kind of a Hemingway, Bogart vibe.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish View Post
    Yeah, I haven't had those issues and they've been worn everyday for almost the past year now.

@Duvel, not a fan of either, but it's not what I usually like to wear anyways. To each their own.
    Ditto on not having any issues with AE belts. In fact, they've aged quite well overall.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2098 Post(s)
    I feel like this gets mentioned so often that it's not really that valuable to say here, but Nordstrom Rack frequently has AE belts on sale. If you live near a Nordstrom Rack, that would be a place to check before you go shelling out full MSRP.
    Ben

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    Well, I guess it's kind of a big fuck-you to @Duvel for his question on the Burgess Blazer, so maybe how about if I ask you about this: http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

I'm quite taken by the partial linen weave and the military look.

There is this on sale: http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

The sale section has a number of good-looking shirts on sale, come to think of it.
    Honestly, I would just go on eBay and try to find some British Army GS shirts. Try to find the older cotton ones and not the newer ones with a shine. With posting from across the pond, you can get one for about $25.

Regards,
    Vic
    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Thanks, Vic. I'll check those out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    Honestly, I would just go on eBay and try to find some British Army GS shirts. Try to find the older cotton ones and not the newer ones with a shine. With posting from across the pond, you can get one for about $25.

Regards,
    Vic
    Something like these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/SURPLUS-RAW-...item3a8ea23dcc

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    Something more like these two.

This is the older style.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/181421647186

This is the newer style.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/181421980601

I have a couple of each style and they heavier material irons very nicely.

Regards,
    Vic
    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    $200 on sale. Not the best price ever but I recently got a $500 bonus at work (for no discernible reason) so I'm itching to burn a chunk of it on something.
    I prefer the look of Penfield's jackets (Vassan and Gibson in particular). And they're cheaper even at full retail at $160-180.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2098 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aps2012 View Post
    I prefer the look of Penfield's jackets (Vassan and Gibson in particular). And they're cheaper even at full retail at $160-180.
    I tried out a Penfield Gibson a few months fact. The fit/design was fine, but I did not like the material, which felt stiff and cardboard-y and did not drape or move well at all. It just felt cheap and uncomfortable compared to my Barbours, and still too thick and heavy for my needs.
    Ben