Page 69 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    What can a burgundy blazer be paired with?
    How about one of these?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    What's the physical difference between a combat boot and a work boot?
    They look very similar and I can't find any "rules" to define one from another other than their original use. And I think combat boots tend to be taller, but not always.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ISN View Post
    What's the physical difference between a combat boot and a work boot?
    They look very similar and I can't find any "rules" to define one from another other than their original use. And I think combat boots tend to be taller, but not always.
    I would think they would be similar. Work boot will be larger in the toe because of steel toes. I don't think combat boots have steel toes? Color mostly? consistently black vs. usually brown of some kind.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    @jackbauer24 To make things even more complicated, I ordered another pair of 1K's in 7.5 and this one is indeed massive like others have mentioned.
    Size Comparison
    One of them says 7.5D (the bigger one) and one says 7.5B? (The one that fit snugly in the toe box)

Did I get fake 1Ks? I truly confused now... Both sellers only mentioned size 7.5

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aqwayne93 View Post
    @jackbauer24 To make things even more complicated, I ordered another pair of 1K's in 7.5 and this one is indeed massive like others have mentioned.
    Size Comparison
    One of them says 7.5D (the bigger one) and one says 7.5B? (The one that fit snugly in the toe box)

Did I get fake 1Ks? I truly confused now... Both sellers only mentioned size 7.5
    Maybe the 7.5b is the women boots and 7.5d is the men, since the d is longer than the b. Where and whom did u purchased your 1k from?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbauer24 View Post
    Maybe the 7.5b is the women boots and 7.5d is the men, since the d is longer than the b. Where and whom did u purchased your 1k from?
    I got the B's from Madison Los Angeles (I am pretty sure it was in the male section, but I can not recall) and the 7.5D's from fsfashionny. Both were simply listed as "size 7.5"
    For the record, the boots from fsfashionny did not seem like seconds at all, just a bit dusty, but brand spanking new. The 1Ks from Madison Los Angeles are a bit discolored in places and had more lose threads and frayed edges, overall lower quality control than the fsfashionny ones (perhaps old stock?).

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aqwayne93 View Post
    I got the B's from Madison Los Angeles (I am pretty sure it was in the male section, but I can not recall) and the 7.5D's from fsfashionny. Both were simply listed as "size 7.5"
    For the record, the boots from fsfashionny did not seem like seconds at all, just a bit dusty, but brand spanking new. The 1Ks from Madison Los Angeles are a bit discolored in places and had more lose threads and frayed edges, overall lower quality control than the fsfashionny ones (perhaps old stock?).
    B width shoes/ boots are usually made for women unless they are dress shoes/ boots. Just return the one that does not fit your feet well. Are both the same price?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbauer24 View Post
    B width shoes/ boots are usually made for women unless they are dress shoes/ boots. Just return the one that does not fit your feet well. Are both the same price?
    After a bit of Googling, it seems like you are correct sir. The 7.5B's from Madison were final sale I will email customer service to see what they can do.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    737 Post(s)
    quick thoughts on this peacoat?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/topman-w...esults-_-1_1_A

down to $125

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Topman is insta-nope. Fast fashion like Zara, but quality is worse from what I've heard. Looks stupidly slim for a peacoat. Consider Bonobos' options during the holidays, they often run their best sales of the year at this time. Also BR?