Page 68 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    The Wolverine 1k Originals run massive. I sized down 1.5 from my sneaker size and could have gotten away with another half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Warren View Post
    Fair enough. I just can't ever find a leather care product that everyone agrees on.
    This frustrates me to no end. I think I will use lexol leather conditioner on my boots, since I don't want to use anything that will darken or significantly shine it, but still prevent leather drying.

Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2142 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbauer24 View Post
    wolverine 1k sizing? My brannock size is 7.5, and i have 7.5 in the 1k, but when i measure my feet with from the outsole to the toes, like from this picture, there seen to be an extra 3 inches where my big toe meet the boot.

http://i.imgur.com/8Wec5Xp.jpg
    I feel like that is a mismarked boot. I'm a Brannock 7.5D and my 7.5 Wolverine 1k Krause boots fit spot-on with a pair of thick socks.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    Does it fit fine when you put it on? Im a 7.5 in AE Park Aves and I would even say my 7.5 Wolverine 1k's fit a bit tight in the toe box. Here is how my feet looks in comparison to the shoe

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbauer24 View Post
    wolverine 1k sizing? My brannock size is 7.5, and i have 7.5 in the 1k, but when i measure my feet with from the outsole to the toes, like from this picture, there seen to be an extra 3 inches where my big toe meet the boot.

http://i.imgur.com/8Wec5Xp.jpg
    Those must have been mismarked - maybe a 9.5 or even larger. Those are huge.

Quote Originally Posted by 302w View Post
    The Wolverine 1k Originals run massive. I sized down 1.5 from my sneaker size and could have gotten away with another half.
    I think "massive" is a bit exaggerated. Wolverine 1K are generally considered to run a 1/2 size large (I wear a 9.5 dress shoe and 9 in 1K). Of course you will find some divergent opinions on the interwebs, but if you search I think you'll find that getting them 1/2 size down is the common recommendation.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aqwayne93 View Post
    Does it fit fine when you put it on? Im a 7.5 in AE Park Aves and I would even say my 7.5 Wolverine 1k's fit a bit tight in the toe box. Here is how my feet looks in comparison to the shoe
    they fit fine if i wear the kirkland wool socks, they will be lose if i wear thin dress socks. Do you have the bowing problem with your 7.5 AE PA? I do have the bowing problem with my 7.5D PA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I think "massive" is a bit exaggerated. Wolverine 1K are generally considered to run a 1/2 size large (I wear a 9.5 dress shoe and 9 in 1K). Of course you will find some divergent opinions on the interwebs, but if you search I think you'll find that getting them 1/2 size down is the common recommendation.
    I've definitely seen divergent opinions on the internet with regards to these boots, but in my experience they do indeed run massive. I tried two different pairs of the 1k boots and came to that conclusion. Everyone's feet are different of course.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    How versatile is a chestnut color topcoat? It never gets mentioned among the navy and camel colors.

Something like

Last edited by VeNOM; November 26th, 2014 at 11:28 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    i have a peacoat that is in between those two colors above. Its good to switch it up between the navy/black/grey that we see everywhere. The maroon was also available when I bought last year but I didn't think I could pull it off.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    737 Post(s)
    What can a burgundy blazer be paired with?