Page 65 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 2214

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

  1. #641
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    684
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)

  2. #642
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Trying to put together an outfit with a new sportcoat. Which tie would you wear with this jacket? My two picks are a navy textured silk tie or a burgundy knit tie. I also be wearing navy chinos and either sandy bucks or walnut AE daltons.

    Burgundy Tie

    Navy Tie

    Both Ties

    Thanks in advance for the feedback.
    Last edited by mb77; November 21st, 2014 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Links

  3. #643
    Varsity Member JGL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    863
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mb77 View Post
    Trying to put together an outfit with a new sportcoat. Which tie would you wear with this jacket? My two picks are a navy textured silk tie or a burgundy knit tie. I also be wearing navy chinos and either sandy bucks or walnut AE daltons.

    Burgundy Tie

    Navy Tie

    Both Ties

    Thanks in advance for the feedback.
    The poor quality pictures make this difficult but I would say the blue tie since it compliments the blue in the jacket. Maybe too much blue with the cardigan?

  4. #644
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    732
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    I'm partial to burgundy in this case. If you changed the sweater out, I might change my mind.

  5. #645
    Dappered Veteran Vicious49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,599
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbauer24 View Post
    I've read that their house brand stuff us usually very decent.

  6. #646
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I have a Brooks Brothers cardigan that I have had for a little bit. My biggest hang up on it is that it is just a little long in the sleeves, otherwise great fit. Is there a way that I could get it altered or a best way to possibly shrink it just enough to bring the sleeves up enough?

  7. #647
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cal86 View Post
    I have a Brooks Brothers cardigan that I have had for a little bit. My biggest hang up on it is that it is just a little long in the sleeves, otherwise great fit. Is there a way that I could get it altered or a best way to possibly shrink it just enough to bring the sleeves up enough?
    Definitely wouldn't attempt shrinking and risk ruining the sweater. A tailor should be able to shorten the sleeves.

  8. #648
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 302w View Post
    Definitely wouldn't attempt shrinking and risk ruining the sweater. A tailor should be able to shorten the sleeves.
    Any idea on what something like that would cost?

  9. #649
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cal86 View Post
    Any idea on what something like that would cost?
    I've never done a sweater, but a suit jacket always costs me $35 for sleeve shortening. Will vary depending on where you live, that rate is probably higher than it would be in smaller city/town.

  10. #650
    Varsity Member JayS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The I.E.
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Where online would one go to buy some quality replacement buttons for a blazer?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •