Page 59 of 222 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Sorry to tack on another question while we got a couple that still need answers, but this just popped into my head. What wrist should you wear your watch on? When I was a kid I always wore it on my right (I am left handed). I haven't worn one in years and am thinking of starting to again, but I see a lot of menswear sites with pictures of the watch on the left arm. I just thought I'd see what the consensus was before committing a fashion faux paus.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unnamedplayer View Post
    Sorry to tack on another question while we got a couple that still need answers, but this just popped into my head. What wrist should you wear your watch on? When I was a kid I always wore it on my right (I am left handed). I haven't worn one in years and am thinking of starting to again, but I see a lot of menswear sites with pictures of the watch on the left arm. I just thought I'd see what the consensus was before committing a fashion faux paus.
    that's because the majority of the population is right handed....if you're left handed wear it on the right. unless of course, it doesn't get in your way on the left AND you really want to conform to the majority...then feel free to wear it on the left.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    that's because the majority of the population is right handed....if you're left handed wear it on the right. unless of course, it doesn't get in your way on the left AND you really want to conform to the majority...then feel free to wear it on the left.
    That's what I thought. Thanks for cofirming!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    If I ordered a ledbury shirt, size 15 neck 33 sleeves and had the sleeves shorted 2 inches and it fits perfectly, if I order the same shirt (different color) size 15 neck 34 sleeves and shorten it 3 inches (instead of 2, since 33 sleeve is sold out), will the 2 shirts fit pretty much the same?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What is this shoe footbed and how does it affect comfort over time?

I ordered a total of 4 pairs of shoes from yoox (Gradus, Devon and then Thompson, Borgo Mediceo). The first 2 I sent back because of fit. The other 2 are more or less fine fitwise. However, in these 2 and the 2 before, there is no insole in the front of the shoe. I can't imagine that whoever made the shoes are skimping on half an insole so why is it like this and how does it affect comfort over time? Just wearing it in the house is not necessarily uncomfortable but I'm wondering about walking in it for a day. In one shoe the footbed is high on the outside of the big toe so I can feel it so may have to send that one back regardless. I remember when I tried on the AE Park Ave the insole felt hard but I think there was still a leather insole in there. Here's a link to a pic so you can see what I'm talking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did I post this in the wrong thread? Should I open a new thread?

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    I'd ask on Styleforum in either the Ask a Question or one of the shoemaker threads. They'll be more knowledgeable and helpful about your question I think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unnamedplayer View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with J. Crew Factory jeans? Need a staple dark jean and was looking at the Sutton, but I'm wondering how heavy these jeans are? I tried to contact JCF and they told me:

Not sure what that means exactly. I was trying to find out is it heavy denim (>12 oz) medium weight (10-12 oz), etc. Anyone got any experience?
    Rockin' my first pair of Suttons for the last few weeks now. I like them very much. Not sure about actual weights, but I can tell you relatively they're lighter than my Levi's 501/505's and heavier than my JC garment dyed jeans. Hope that helps.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Does J. Crew ever have sales on their watches? Eyeing the Timex 1600, didn't know if it would be possible to snag it cheaper for the $148 its at now. I guess this is quite a bit cheaper than the $200 it used to be a few years ago but still.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Is it ok to wear a solid (light) blue shirt with navy pants? Or is that too much blue?