Page 54 of 222 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    Is is ok to mix tweeds? I picked up these brown donegal trousers for a song NWT off e-bay a while back http://www.orvis.com/p/county-donegal-tweed-pants/57ey Now I've been eyeing the JCF navy tweed sportcoat http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...5998/05998.jsp would it be ok to pair the two together w/ a white or light blue OCBD or would there just be too much texture going on? I really like the jacket & think I will pick it up regardless and pair w/ denim, wool trouser, & even cords but just wonder if tweed in two colors can be pulled off? Thanks.

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    I feel like I'd have to see them side-by-side in person. It could be doable, but might look a bit weird if the overall scale of the pattern/texture is too similar on the two items. It's usually good to have a little bit of texture or pattern contrast between an odd jacket and trousers.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    LBD: Yeah, that is how I feel everytime I look at the web images. I think you can only tell in person. I am leaning toward picking it up to wear with other pants so if it turns out it does work with the brown tweed also added bonus. Thanks for the input.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Question: pair of new AE Shaker Heights boots (well new about a month ago, and since they have reduced the price by $50 grrr) and am storing them until my wedding in October. I have shoe trees in them but am worried about pulling on the unbroken-in leather. Am I just being crazy? Should I creme them (chili red) and store?

In conclusion, my question is "how should I store them?"

Thanks y'all

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    YFL, I would probably break them in a bit before your wedding. That is a long day on your feet for new shoes. Wear them around the house, at the very least.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Good call.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmcgeever View Post
    I love BR's Aiden chinos, but don't pay more than $35 for them.
    Following up on this for @dvg , I just picked up two pair of Aiden's this weekend. $70 total after the deal in store and I am happy with them. Good fit for me and the feel of the fabric is nice. They only had 4 colors int he store but that covers the basics anyway. Dark grey, light tan, dark tan, and navy. If these hold up through a wash or two then I wont hesitate to get the other 2 colors when it comes to that time. Wish they offered a lighter grey or burgundy as well.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    Following up on this for @dvg , I just picked up two pair of Aiden's this weekend. $70 total after the deal in store and I am happy with them. Good fit for me and the feel of the fabric is nice. They only had 4 colors int he store but that covers the basics anyway. Dark grey, light tan, dark tan, and navy. If these hold up through a wash or two then I wont hesitate to get the other 2 colors when it comes to that time. Wish they offered a lighter grey or burgundy as well.
    a.) They hold up well in the wash. I don't machine dry them though.
    b.) I'm almost positive I've seen them in burgundy either online or in-store at some point.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)
    @bjmcgeever I did a search on the site and they have two different listing for the Aiden. Looks like regular colors and some less mainstream options. Olive, brighter blue, orange, and a deep wine color. Might have to try the bigger BR at Lenox. Thanks

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    @bjmcgeever I did a search on the site and they have two different listing for the Aiden. Looks like regular colors and some less mainstream options. Olive, brighter blue, orange, and a deep wine color. Might have to try the bigger BR at Lenox. Thanks
    The BR near me in Chicago had both the olive and burgundy/wine in the store. Some of them, at least, are not online only.