2050 Post(s)
    Yes.
    Ben

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    As long as we're asking for opinions around here, feel free to weigh in on this: http://www.flwoods.com/product/burgess-blazer

I am liking more every time I visit the site or Muffy. I wish I could try on in real life before deciding.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Yes.
    Ah ha! I thought they looked a little familiar. I would say they're a good purchase, then. The orange is good bold choice.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    Yes, you can see them tucked in a lot of photos of how men wore them in the 60s. That would be a very classically Ivy look thing to do.
    Good to know, thanks.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    All right, I've got a quick question. I've been keeping an eye out for a piece of lightweight outerwear. Something windbreaker-y (in terms of function, if not necessarily style). The kind of thing to throw on when it's 65 and a bit breezy and just a shirt isn't quite going to cut it, or when it's warm during the day but you know the temps are going to drop at night.

Right now I'm tempted by these, which are on sale:
    $200 on sale.
    Ben, that's a lot of money for a jacket that looks like a children's fireman costume. I think that you can find something more flattering for far less. A lightweight cotton harrington, bomber, or field jacket would do the trick.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Can anyone recommend a good quality burgundy long wing for around 150? I like the jcrew longwing, but can't justify the $318.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skgarach View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good quality burgundy long wing for around 150? I like the jcrew longwing, but can't justify the $318.
    Best bet at that price would be the Florsheim Veblen in the wine color or the Haviland, though I'm not sure if that one comes in a similar burgundy color. Check eBay, there's a couple of sizes of the Veblen going for around $125. I saw that J. Crew longwing in store a couple weekends ago and was not impressed by the leather, not for that price anyway.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    $200 on sale. Not the best price ever but I recently got a $500 bonus at work (for no discernible reason) so I'm itching to burn a chunk of it on something.
    Fiiiiiiinnnee leatthaahh gooods.

On topic, I kind of like the orange as well since you're looking for casual. It's a nice change up from the usual Barbour look. The sky blue doesn't speak to me and the brown is neutral per your statements above.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    144 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teej View Post

I guess that sparks a question for me then. Any brand or store that you guys recommend for getting decent leather belts? I'm looking in the 50-100 range but I'd prefer to stay under 75.
    Rancourt makes excellent chromexcel belts for $105. I can't say enough good things about them. They also sell shell cordovan belts if you're willing to pay more

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Do you have any luck with in-between length shirts that work tucked and untucked?

I have pretty much given up on this off the rack but am considering trying with a new order from Proper Cloth. My first order was perfectly long and awesome for tucking only which is fine. The next one I was looking at is a Navyish Oxford cloth