Page 49 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 2212

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

  1. #481
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,728
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    what color topcoat is the most versatile? grey wool pants, navy blazer...dark grey topcoat?

  2. #482
    Varsity Member JGL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    863
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    what color topcoat is the most versatile? grey wool pants, navy blazer...dark grey topcoat?
    Can't go wrong with grey. I have a grey one myself. Navy is your other top option.

  3. #483
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)
    anyone have their boots resole by brianthebootmaker in LA? There some nice resole jobs from him.

    http://instagram.com/brianthebootmaker

  4. #484
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'm getting married this fall and I'm trying to figure out our groomsmen attire. We're trying to do our best to limit their costs so we're thinking of asking them to wear gray suits, figuring most of them already have at least one. They will be different shades of gray, basically anything from light to charcoal, which may sound strange but actually looks kind of cool based on some pictures I've seen. Plus, her bridesmaids are all wearing different color dresses.

    I am wearing a navy suit with walnut AE strands, is it going to look strange if they're all wearing black shoes? It sounds like brown shoes work with some grays but not all, and I don't think we want half of them wearing black shoes and half wearing brown.

    So basically our options are either:

    1) Gray suits with brown shoes, even if some look like they clash
    2) Gray suits with black shoes, even if I'll be wearing brown/walnut
    3) Other color suits with brown shoes? Not sure how much leeway I have here but I think this could work as well.

    Just looking for general thoughts or ideas. Thanks!

  5. #485
    Varsity Member JGL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    863
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Love the "wear what you have" way of doing things. Might as well let them wear whatever shoes they feel like wearing though. Ask the guys what they would like out of the options you have provided?

  6. #486
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I have a pair of j crew linen cotton blend (53/47) pants and want to know if they are part of a suit. I desperately want them to be...

    http://i.imgur.com/j6Z57Dt.png
    http://i.imgur.com/Im0MXPMl.jpg

    Anyone have any clues??

  7. #487
    Dappered Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Deep in the heart of Texas
    Posts
    3,032
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Florida Lawyer View Post
    I have a pair of j crew linen cotton blend (53/47) pants and want to know if they are part of a suit. I desperately want them to be...

    http://i.imgur.com/j6Z57Dt.png
    http://i.imgur.com/Im0MXPMl.jpg

    Anyone have any clues??
    What other tags are there inside? The tab closure makes me wanna say yes.

  8. #488
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    622
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I'm getting married this fall and I'm trying to figure out our groomsmen attire. We're trying to do our best to limit their costs so we're thinking of asking them to wear gray suits, figuring most of them already have at least one. They will be different shades of gray, basically anything from light to charcoal, which may sound strange but actually looks kind of cool based on some pictures I've seen. Plus, her bridesmaids are all wearing different color dresses.

    I am wearing a navy suit with walnut AE strands, is it going to look strange if they're all wearing black shoes? It sounds like brown shoes work with some grays but not all, and I don't think we want half of them wearing black shoes and half wearing brown.

    So basically our options are either:

    1) Gray suits with brown shoes, even if some look like they clash
    2) Gray suits with black shoes, even if I'll be wearing brown/walnut
    3) Other color suits with brown shoes? Not sure how much leeway I have here but I think this could work as well.

    Just looking for general thoughts or ideas. Thanks!
    Black seems like it'd work fine to me. You're already not matching them with the suit, so as long as they match each other, no worries.

  9. #489
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,497
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Going back to school. Can anyone rec me a nice messenger bag for my Surface Pro 3, keyboard, one textbook, possible notebook (not laptop), and writing instruments? Would like to keep price below $150.

  10. #490
    Varsity Member Vic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    379
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    @devastitis,

    Are you going for any particular style? There's always the ubiquitous Timbuk2 messenger bag, which you can get on sale for 1/2 your price limit from Sierra Trading Post, if you don't mind ballistic nylon or cordura.

    Regards,
    Vic
    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •