Page 49 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    what color topcoat is the most versatile? grey wool pants, navy blazer...dark grey topcoat?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    what color topcoat is the most versatile? grey wool pants, navy blazer...dark grey topcoat?
    Can't go wrong with grey. I have a grey one myself. Navy is your other top option.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)
    anyone have their boots resole by brianthebootmaker in LA? There some nice resole jobs from him.

http://instagram.com/brianthebootmaker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'm getting married this fall and I'm trying to figure out our groomsmen attire. We're trying to do our best to limit their costs so we're thinking of asking them to wear gray suits, figuring most of them already have at least one. They will be different shades of gray, basically anything from light to charcoal, which may sound strange but actually looks kind of cool based on some pictures I've seen. Plus, her bridesmaids are all wearing different color dresses.

I am wearing a navy suit with walnut AE strands, is it going to look strange if they're all wearing black shoes? It sounds like brown shoes work with some grays but not all, and I don't think we want half of them wearing black shoes and half wearing brown.

So basically our options are either:

1) Gray suits with brown shoes, even if some look like they clash
    2) Gray suits with black shoes, even if I'll be wearing brown/walnut
    3) Other color suits with brown shoes? Not sure how much leeway I have here but I think this could work as well.

Just looking for general thoughts or ideas. Thanks!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Love the "wear what you have" way of doing things. Might as well let them wear whatever shoes they feel like wearing though. Ask the guys what they would like out of the options you have provided?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I have a pair of j crew linen cotton blend (53/47) pants and want to know if they are part of a suit. I desperately want them to be...

http://i.imgur.com/j6Z57Dt.png
    http://i.imgur.com/Im0MXPMl.jpg

Anyone have any clues??

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Florida Lawyer View Post
    I have a pair of j crew linen cotton blend (53/47) pants and want to know if they are part of a suit. I desperately want them to be...

http://i.imgur.com/j6Z57Dt.png
    http://i.imgur.com/Im0MXPMl.jpg

Anyone have any clues??
    What other tags are there inside? The tab closure makes me wanna say yes.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I'm getting married this fall and I'm trying to figure out our groomsmen attire. We're trying to do our best to limit their costs so we're thinking of asking them to wear gray suits, figuring most of them already have at least one. They will be different shades of gray, basically anything from light to charcoal, which may sound strange but actually looks kind of cool based on some pictures I've seen. Plus, her bridesmaids are all wearing different color dresses.

I am wearing a navy suit with walnut AE strands, is it going to look strange if they're all wearing black shoes? It sounds like brown shoes work with some grays but not all, and I don't think we want half of them wearing black shoes and half wearing brown.

So basically our options are either:

1) Gray suits with brown shoes, even if some look like they clash
    2) Gray suits with black shoes, even if I'll be wearing brown/walnut
    3) Other color suits with brown shoes? Not sure how much leeway I have here but I think this could work as well.

Just looking for general thoughts or ideas. Thanks!
    Black seems like it'd work fine to me. You're already not matching them with the suit, so as long as they match each other, no worries.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Going back to school. Can anyone rec me a nice messenger bag for my Surface Pro 3, keyboard, one textbook, possible notebook (not laptop), and writing instruments? Would like to keep price below $150.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    @devastitis,

Are you going for any particular style? There's always the ubiquitous Timbuk2 messenger bag, which you can get on sale for 1/2 your price limit from Sierra Trading Post, if you don't mind ballistic nylon or cordura.

Regards,
    Vic
    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard