Page 48 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)
    Anyone know how Stuart McGuire shoes fit? I'm hoping they're a bit big, but have a feeling maybe not.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I've got a company party this weekend. It's a booze cruise type of deal. I'm going to wear a basic black vest from H&M (http://www.hm.com/us/product/99223?article=99223-A) and black slacks. Not sure what color shirt to pair with that though. Any suggestions?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ardichoke View Post
    I've got a company party this weekend. It's a booze cruise type of deal. I'm going to wear a basic black vest from H&M (http://www.hm.com/us/product/99223?article=99223-A) and black slacks. Not sure what color shirt to pair with that though. Any suggestions?
    i'd reconsider wearing black on a cruise....

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    @ardichoke, I would rethink that ensemble, particularly for a cruise (I assume it would be warm?). Also, you may just end up looking like a waiter..
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    i'd reconsider wearing black on a cruise....
    Cruise is perhaps an overstatement. It's a riverboat. They just tool up and down the river then dock again while everyone consumes far more alcohol than they should.

Quote Originally Posted by greg_s View Post
    @ardichoke, I would rethink that ensemble, particularly for a cruise (I assume it would be warm?). Also, you may just end up looking like a waiter..
    It's an evening/night thing (6p-2a), and lately it's been getting pretty cool at night here. The forecast says low to mid 60s. Also, the riverboat is air conditioned, and if the past couple years were any indication they will have it turned WAY down.

There aren't any waiters, and the bartenders, if I recall correctly from last year, wear polos and khakis.

A few of my coworkers typically wear shirt, tie and slacks. A few do the no tie, blazer, jeans thing. Most do jeans and t-shirt, but as I've discussed before, I'm trying to get away from the typical slob attire that surrounds my workplace. I wanted to do something dressy but a bit different, thus the vest and slacks idea.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    Ah I see. I used to be a vest guy, and still would consider it but just don't wear them anymore. I would suggest a different color than black and then don't quite match the pants. Make it look like you didn't lose the coat from a 3-piece suit.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_s View Post
    Ah I see. I used to be a vest guy, and still would consider it but just don't wear them anymore. I would suggest a different color than black and then don't quite match the pants. Make it look like you didn't lose the coat from a 3-piece suit.
    Now, of course, I'm doubting my original idea. I've been scouring the web for tips (and photos). I'm starting to lean toward doing the vest with an open-collar shirt and a nice pair of jeans. Still leaves me unsure about what color shirt to wear though.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    I think that is fine @ardichoke. A vest (not black) jeans or other trousers would work. You are almost never wrong in a white shirt.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    @ardichoke it seems at that temperature a blazer would be better? Whilst I like the look of the vests with jeans, I always feel outfits like that are less versatile when you get cold/hot during the night. Also, the benefit of a blazer is that you can always lend it to a lady if need be

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    Any current suggestions for a steamer? I found recommendations from a couple of years ago for the Rowenta DR5015, but was wondering if there's a newer model others might suggest.

Regards,
    Vic
    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard