Page 42 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstv69 View Post
    Are BR Monogram suits fully canvased. This is the one I am specifically referring to: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...3&locale=en_US
    Fused, almost 100% certain. Have never heard of BR suits being canvassed - let alone fully. (You realize J Crew Ludlow and SuitSupply are half-canvas, right?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosRockets View Post
    Fused, almost 100% certain. Have never heard of BR suits being canvassed - let alone fully. (You realize J Crew Ludlow and SuitSupply are half-canvas, right?)
    Okay thank you, so for $300 (the price I got the BR suit) would you say I should just hold off, and put the money to a fully canvassed suit
    And thank you for your response

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    It depends. Would you ever be comfortable putting down $550-600 on an entry-level fully canvassed suit or $450-500 on a half-canvassed one? Do you wear suits enough to justify that expense? It's a different answer for everybody depending on their context. A $300 perfectly fitting fused suit is still gonna last you a couple years at least if you don't wear it often. And if you do need several suits for a new job, that $600 could get you 2 suits at BR vs. 1 elsewhere, and that may be more useful to you at this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosRockets View Post
    It depends. Would you ever be comfortable putting down $550-600 on an entry-level fully canvassed suit or $450-500 on a half-canvassed one? Do you wear suits enough to justify that expense? It's a different answer for everybody depending on their context. A $300 perfectly fitting fused suit is still gonna last you a couple years at least if you don't wear it often. And if you do need several suits for a new job, that $600 could get you 2 suits at BR vs. 1 elsewhere, and that may be more useful to you at this time.
    I currently do not wear suits often but I will in the near future (not daily but probably at least once a week). I already have an entry level fused navy suit so my next purchase I am really looking to buy a quality suit. Thank you for your help I think I am going to pass on the suit and just save up a little bit more for a quality suit.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    142 Post(s)
    Does anyone make a cheap leather chelsea boot, or am I better off scouring ebay? Target makes a $30 but it's a plastic upper.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Does anyone make a cheap leather chelsea boot, or am I better off scouring ebay? Target makes a $30 but it's a plastic upper.
    Lands end had some last year that looked nice online and we're reasonably priced. I would guess they will be back soon. I would hold off and wait until some of the fall stock comes in to some stores.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post

And Ralph Lauren had a model (can't recall the name) that was on sale a while back for under $100 too.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    I've only had mine for about a year now, but so far there doesn't really seem to be any damage to the surface of the tongues, it just deforms around the back of the speed hooks (and I haven't really noticed much shange after the first couple of wears. I guess I'll see in another year or two.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'm going to take a picture of the wear and see how much is changes over the next few times I wear them.

The CXL leather is nice and soft, but it still needs a proper break in. Wearing them for an 8-hour day and going up and down 10+ flights of stairs wasn't exactly the wisest decision, but oh well.

Regards,
    Vic
    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Has anyone had any experience with H.E. Mango? Curious, especially, how long their shirts and jackets are. I'm kind of tall and typically wear a 40L, but can also make due with 40Rs (I'm right on the line).

Are things a "normal" length or more cropped like Zara or Uniqlo? (neither of which are long enough for me)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    Thoughts on this Banana Republic blazer? It's $80 today w/ a sale. Any experience with the fit? Is this color versatile enough?

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...4202&cid=95963