Page 40 of 224 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 2236

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

  1. #391
    Super Moderator Shomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,177
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejrace View Post

    Anyone have a good affordable nyc tailor that they trust?
    "Affordable" is going to be in the eye of the beholder, and in NYC, especially Manhattan, you're just going to pay a premium. That said, I use Paul Winston/Mid City Tailoring. They are at 25 w. 43rd or 28 w. 44th (you can enter the building from either side. They do solid work for about the prices I've come to expect in Manhattan (about $15 to hem pants, $45 to shorten jacket sleeves).

  2. #392
    Varsity Member zcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    1,670
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shomas View Post
    "Affordable" is going to be in the eye of the beholder, and in NYC, especially Manhattan, you're just going to pay a premium. That said, I use Paul Winston/Mid City Tailoring. They are at 25 w. 43rd or 28 w. 44th (you can enter the building from either side. They do solid work for about the prices I've come to expect in Manhattan (about $15 to hem pants, $45 to shorten jacket sleeves).
    $15 sounds fine for hemming. I usually pay around $12 IIRC. $45 is steep to shorten sleeves though. My tailor does it for $18. Although I am leaving Pittsburgh for the more expensive DC area soon. Hopefully it won't be too much more expensive.

  3. #393
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zcm View Post
    I have two pair of them. Bought a while ago. In my experience the crease cannot be ironed out, but over time it will fade.
    Maybe this?

    http://www.deluxecleanersbirmingham....our-pants/323/

    Or see if dry cleaners can do anything?

  4. #394
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejrace View Post
    No shipping charge there mate. Go for it.


    Anyone have a good affordable nyc tailor that they trust?
    Let me know if you find a good tailor. I'm in the market for one myself preferably in midtown east. I'm going to check one out that was recommended on Yelp. Will let you know how it goes.

  5. #395
    Varsity Member JGL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    863
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VeNOM View Post
    I didn't know that was possible. These are the pants, is it?

    http://us.dockers.com/product/index....age=family&ab=
    The crease was put there by an iron in the first place. I don't see why it can't be removed the same way. The proper application of water, heat and pressure and it should come out. It won't hurt to try (don't burn your pants!).

  6. #396
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    297
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    Big fan of Stanton Tailor Shop downtown. I bring them just about everything. Long waits on the weekends though...

  7. #397
    Varsity Member zcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    1,670
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGL View Post
    The crease was put there by an iron in the first place. I don't see why it can't be removed the same way. The proper application of water, heat and pressure and it should come out. It won't hurt to try (don't burn your pants!).
    Some pants with a "permanent" crease are ironed in with something like a strip of silicon IIRC to hold that crease throughout wears and washes. So just ironing it out won't do it.

  8. #398
    Varsity Member JGL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    863
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zcm View Post
    Some pants with a "permanent" crease are ironed in with something like a strip of silicon IIRC to hold that crease throughout wears and washes. So just ironing it out won't do it.
    Never heard of this. Learned something new. This isn't common though right?

  9. #399
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    JCF Chinos at $30 a good buy?

  10. #400
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    867
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VeNOM View Post
    JCF Chinos at $30 a good buy?
    they regularly get lower with coupons. Shoot for low $20s

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •