Page 221 of 222 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2214

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

  1. #2201
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    I own this (in cotton/linen rather than cotton/spandex) and frequently wear it as a sports coat in the summer. The fabric prevents it from looking too much like a mismatched suit jacket.
    How does it look in person? I had a cotton one that i outgrew in mid blue that i loved. But, ive also seen some of their cotton blends look quite cheap.

    Do you think if im wearing an overcoat, i could also still pull this off during cooler temperatures? I live in chicago and we have like 3 month summers

  2. #2202
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    I think it looks good (or I wouldn't wear it, haha) - the fact that it's linen blend means that the slight rumpling looks good rather than bad (and makes it work a little better as a sports coat).

    Not sure about overcoat; I've never owned one. It's a pretty good deal as a summer suit for around $200 though, even if you aren't wearing it as a sports coat.

  3. #2203
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    im looking for a cheap camel blazer? is this one too old fashioned as by the lapels? its a 30 dollar buy off ebay that id plan to wear to work during the cold chicago months

    https://imgur.com/a/qHCMrji

  4. #2204
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    475 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncf05 View Post
    im looking for a cheap camel blazer? is this one too old fashioned as by the lapels? its a 30 dollar buy off ebay that id plan to wear to work during the cold chicago months

    https://imgur.com/a/qHCMrji
    looks okay from here. pockets cause it to be a little more formal than patch pockets would, but that's the only observation I have. Lapels seem fine to me.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

  5. #2205
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,807
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncf05 View Post
    im looking for a cheap camel blazer? is this one too old fashioned as by the lapels? its a 30 dollar buy off ebay that id plan to wear to work during the cold chicago months

    https://imgur.com/a/qHCMrji
    In the listing are there any close ups. From a distance it looks like it was worn a lot so you wouldn't want bald spots or anything of that nature.

  6. #2206
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    In the listing are there any close ups. From a distance it looks like it was worn a lot so you wouldn't want bald spots or anything of that nature.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brooks-Brot...rdt=true&rt=nc

    here is the full listing. normally you can click on the pic and see the original listing.

    It looks like its in great condition BUT they are doing some lighting tricks.

  7. #2207
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,807
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncf05 View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brooks-Brot...rdt=true&rt=nc

    here is the full listing. normally you can click on the pic and see the original listing.

    It looks like its in great condition BUT they are doing some lighting tricks.
    Hmmm...the only part that bothers me is the right area under the pocket flap. It looks like it is balding. Otherwise, if it fits it could be worth it. Most camel sport coats are flap pockets. I have always wanted one but don't know how I would wear it.

  8. #2208
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Hmmm...the only part that bothers me is the right area under the pocket flap. It looks like it is balding. Otherwise, if it fits it could be worth it. Most camel sport coats are flap pockets. I have always wanted one but don't know how I would wear it.
    i had a nice one from j crew but ive out grown it. always got complements. I just wore it with whit shirt, black pants

  9. #2209
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    818
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    This might be too pricey at $260 on sale, but for a Made in USA sport coat, it’s a steal!! If nothing else, the pic can give you style inspiration:

    https://www.toddsnyder.com/products/...12535732502599

  10. #2210
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafer28 View Post
    This might be too pricey at $260 on sale, but for a Made in USA sport coat, it’s a steal!! If nothing else, the pic can give you style inspiration:

    https://www.toddsnyder.com/products/...12535732502599
    Here is a suit supply one I found on ebay that I can cop for 150
    https://imgur.com/a/XHdyh8I

    it looks nice, but idk if its worth 110 more than the camel brooks brothers I posterd earlier

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •